Summary: It is our DUTY-our MISSION to carry the gospel to everyone we know. An inspiring message for Christians to become active in everyday evangelism.
A Message to Garcia
Setting: Late 1800’s
America is on the brink of war with Spain
Spain is ravaging Cuba
General Garcia leads the freedom fighters of Cuba
Garcia has disappeared into the mountains to save his own life
After the War: Elbert Hubbard, friends and family discuss the heros of the war.
Most said Gen. Garcia - Hubbard’s son said "I think it was Andrew Rowan, the man who carried a message to Garcia."
After hearing the tale of Andrew Rowan, Elbert wrote this filler article for his magazine.
Turned into one of the most popular pieces of American Literature in history.
Over 100 Million copies.
How much easier would life be if we all had the initiative of Andrew Rowan The man who carried a message to Garcia?
Would we ever get into trouble at work?
Would our spouse ever have to remind us to take out the trash?
Would this building be large enough to contain the church that meets in it?
We have been given a much greater message to deliver by a man with much more power and prestige than even the president of the United States!
I. The message to be delivered is the gospel.
1. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to the earth, gave up his life, was buried, and resurrected not for anything he had done but for sins we committed.
2. He did this so that we could be reconciled to God and have eternal life.
B. If that is not a message worth sharing then I don’t know what is!
C. Not one of us deserves to be saved on our own merit.
1. We deserve eternal punishment. Romans 3:10-12 (quickview)  There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.
D. Only because of the work of Christ can we be declared right before God.
2. Only by submitting to the will of Christ can be IN Christ. Romans 6:3-4 (quickview)  Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
E. That’s the message that Christ has commissioned us to carry to all creation.
II. There are many Garcia’s in the world today!
A. Fighters for the Lord’s Army yet to receive the message.
B. It is our DUTY-our MISSION to carry the gospel to everyone we know.
C. We need to be committed to the cause of Christ bringing the message of salvation to others.
2. 2 Cor. 4:13-15 It is written: I believed; therefore I have spoken. With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, 14because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. 15All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.