Summary: Ever feel like you’re just ’in the way’ ?? This message is for you ... ’in the way’ is where God blesses and uses people!
* In mechanic’s shop lately – he was telling about people who just stand there, asking questions, hanging around, not helping…me!
* Define – “in the way” – being useless; without function; causing more harm then good; preventing someone or something; holding a person/thing back from progress.
1. We get in the way of someone’s happiness – Genesis 16:7 (Hager)
* In relationships…am I the source of their pain? Yes, then its time to go.
2. We get in the way of what God is doing – Exodus 4:10-12 (Moses)
* In the work of God…could God do a better job of ________ without me? Yes.
3. We get in the way of God’s Blessings – I Chronicles 28:3 (Daniel)
* Our sins and failures…don’t all sins have repercussions? Yes. 2 steps forward / 3 back
[Not only can we see ourselves this way…but others, too! *It’s important you don’t make other people feel like they’re in the way!] We do this when we blame them – instead of taking responsibility
WHY it’s so important to be in the way:
1 We learn of Him better in the way (Psalm 25:8)
- He is in the way… and if that’s where He is, that’s where I want to be!
- Luke 24:35 – “may you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi”
2 We are led of Him in the way (Genesis 24:27 – Eleazar
- There’s no better spot to be led than here
- Neh. 9:19 – pillar of cloud / fire; Ex. 23:20 – an angel to keep thee…
3 We live for Him in the way (Exodus 5:20 – Moses & Aaron)
- The World didn’t like it (Egypt)
- The Government didn’t appreciate it (Pharaoh)
- The People of God didn’t want to put up with it (Jews)
- But they were right where God wanted them to be! In the Way!