Summary: Gideon as an example of faith.
GIDEON - MIGHTY WARRIOR
Thesis: “I can do all things through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13 NIV
1. Israelites were in the hands of the Midianites
2. Midianites ravaged the land.
3. Israelites cried out to the Lord.
I. Gideon hiding in a winepress.
A. “The Lord is with you mighty warrior” Judges 6:12
B. Gideon says “I am the weakest of the weak” Judges 6:15
II. Gideon’s faith grows - not a blind faith
A. God gave him signs
1. Consumed his offering with fire Judges 6:21
2. Dew on the fleece Judges 6:38
3. Dew only on the ground Judges 6:40
B. God wants his followers to have true faith
“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31
III. Gideon is victorious because of his faith
A. God sifted out his men
1. Started with 82,000 men Judges 7:3
2. Left with 300 Judges 7:8
B. God gave them the victory!
1. Gideon and his army carried NO WEAPONS
a. Trumpets in their right hands
b. Torches in their left hands
C. Gideon was victorious because he believed God when he said “Get up and go down against the camp, because I am going to give it into your hands.” Judges 7:9
1. “The Lord caused the men throughout the camp to turn on each other with their swords.” Judges 7:22
2. We to are victorious through faith. “For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4
1. Gideon was the weakest of the weak.
2. He became a Mighty Warrior because of his faith.
3. God gave Gideon abundant proof in order for him to believe.
4. We too are given abundant proof.
5. We can be Mighty Warriors through faith!