Summary: Give us this day! In this sermon outline we chose these words Give us this day from the ever-repeated prayer Jesus taught the Church to pray. Sorry to say to many who memorized it has just become words. However, every word and phase is important. We have
Give us this day!
In this sermon outline we chose these words Give us this day from the ever-repeated prayer Jesus taught the Church to pray. Sorry to say to many who memorized it has just become words. However, every word and phase is important. We have chosen only these words in this sermon outline "Give us this day....." from the Lords prayer. May this outline give us some insight to the words He taught us 2,000 years ago that is still in force today as a promise our Father God will answer.
Matthew 6:9-13 (KJV) 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
I. Give us this day..... Why did Jesus teach us this?
A. He never wasted His Words.
1. Every Word of God is important.
2. We are to live by His Word. Matthew 4:4 (KJV) But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
3. His Word is unchanging, because He is unchanging Hebrews 13:8 (KJV) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and forever. Malachi 3:6 (KJV) For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
4. His Word is settled; Psalms 119:89 (KJV) For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
II. What should we expect from this day?
Psalms 118:24 (KJV) This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
A. We can rejoice because God has given and made this day.
1. Why can we rejoice, because anything God makes is good and what He gives is good. James 1:17 (KJV) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
2.Every day is a gift from the Lord and the older you grow the more you know and appreciate each day.
a. We can be glad in it as we know He will never leave us this day.
b. If we permit Him He will teach us and guide us. Matthew 28:20 (KJV) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
c. Most of all we can rejoice in our salvation.
d. Joy is the byproduct of obedience.
III. Thank God that this Day is the Day of His Salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2 (KJV) (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
A. Today anyone anywhere can be Saved and receive Christ as a personal Saviour. He never turns anyone away.
B. Today is an accepted time for you to accept and receive His Salvation.
1. Not only today but also right NOW! Romans 10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
C. How do we accept and receive?
Romans 10:9-10 (KJV) 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
IV. THIS IS THE DAY FOR THE SINNER TO BE SAVED AND IT IS THE DAY FOR THE BELIEVER TO WALK BY FAITH WITH THE LORD IN PEACE, JOY AND VICTORY!
A. As always God give us the choice. Give us this Day???????? It is us to ask.
1. My wife Marge's favorite promise from God. Matthew 6:33-34 (KJV) 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
2. Consider what happens in one day.
IN a 24 hour period, if you're an adult of average weight, here is what you accomplish:
Your heart beats 103,689 times
Your blood travels 168,000,000 miles
You breathe 23,040 times
You inhale 438 cubic feet of air.
You eat 3.25 pounds of food