Summary: The long awaited Glory of God has been promised throughout history, and in Bethlehem it is begun with the birth of a Baby.
GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST
1. Happy Holidays? What is that all about? I want you to be happy this holiday? So the question that I have to ask, is what are you happy about? 2. Are you happy that you are going to have lots of presents under the tree. Is this the time of the year that you put aside your differences with others and get the festive season’s spirit? What is the reason of HAPPINESS?
3. Beloved, this is the time of the year, when most people all get mushy and sort of become loving. I have seen another side of Christmas already, and quite frankly, I want to divorce myself from that side altogether.
4. I was on a mission the other day. My youngest son announced that he just had to have a Wii. For those of you, who are kid desires ignorant, this is an entertainment game console, which is the hottest selling item on the market. Normally, we do not give in to the different fads of the seasons, but for some unknown reason this year, we thought we might just capitulate. We had some other errands to do, and so we thought we would stop and visit every store that might sell this toy. The questions we had, were do you have a Wii, when will you be getting one. How many days will we have to stand in line only to be disappointed? Watching the news the other day, I saw the physical damage that the desire to obtain a Wii can inflict upon a person, and as a result, I have seen the ugly side of Christmas, and am cured……?
5. Beloved, enough complaining, whining and temper tantrums about me not being able to find what my son wanted. I want to share with you today, that at this time of year, there will be manifested many gods in the lives of various people. This time of the year there are those that worship the god dollar; the god alcohol; the god drugs; the god anger, frustration and pain.
6. Beloved, this is the month that is set aside by mankind to honor and bring praise to the most beautiful and wonderful God, and that is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth. There are many out there who are wrapped up in their own self righteous works that will write books and pamphlets and preach on the fact that they have discovered that Jesus was not really born on the 25th of December, and that this day should not be worshipped any more than any other day.
7. I agree, we should not worship this day, it is wrong to worship a day, or a month, or a time period. Beloved, I do not worship a day, or anything else, and I am not so bound up in imprisoning religion that I am going to force my stupidity upon someone else, and so take their focus of the real and true God, Jesus Christ. Like the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 2:2, we must preach and focus only on the Lord Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
8. Beloved of Jesus, do not allow anyone, or anything to get your focus off Jesus and onto some ridiculous law which in itself becomes a god. WHO DO YOU KNOW? I am FREE in Christ Jesus. Get off my back, and take the yokes of religiosity back to where they came from.
9. Beloved of Jesus, this is the best time of the year for me. Each and every day, I worship the Creator for his coming to earth, for His adult life of perfection, for His death, burial and resurrection. Very rarely do I take time to focus on WHAT GOD DESIRED AND BECAME FOR ME.