Summary: If we just give out the Word, God’s work will begin.
1. Lots of things happen when a person gets saved, born again.
a. He’s made right with GOD… justified.
Romans 3.28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.
b. He’s under the ongoing change of the Holy Spirit… Sanctified.
2 Cor. 3.18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
c. She’s hungering for the spiritual things in life.
Matthew 6.33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
d. She has an eternal perspective. This world’s no longer home.
e. The Bible begins to make sense. You can’t get enough of it!
f. Families are restored. Marriages saved. Kids are now being raised not just to be good, but to be godly!
Romans 1.16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
g. Holiness, Righteousness, Gentleness, love begins to flow in places like never before!
h. A new bounce in your step, a wonderful song in your heart.
Ephesians 5.19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,
Salvation. It’s awesome to see what God will do! I never stop marveling at the work of God in the lives of men & women!
SO salvation changes people, which changes homes, which changes neighborhoods, and workplaces, and schoolrooms, and cities, even to the uttermost parts of the world!
Acts 17.6 But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, "These who have turned the world upside down have come here too.
What a reputation to have! “Oh NO, the world changers have come to town!”
• That’s the MARK God left with the new church in Thessalonica… WORLD CHANGERS!
• This young church matured rapidly & found themselves in the middle of God’s plan for Macedonia, Achaia, & all the world!
You know that’s our calling too! We’re in the middle of something great, something grand too here in the Denver Metro area!
• It’s no different today for Calvary Chapel Aurora than it was for the believers in Thessalonica then!
• Notice Matthew 28:16-20 “Go Therefore”
• Jump to Acts 1:4-8 “You shall be witnesses to Me”
o Our Jerusalem – Aurora, neighbors, friends.
o Our Judea & Samaria – Denver Metro Area, Colorado, US
o Our Ends of the Earth – All over this globe!
I. (1:5) WORD CAME
1. (5) Gospel came not in Word only.
a. The Word Came. It was Heard. The Spirit confirmed it.
b. The power was in the Word, through the Holy Spirit.
c. Let’s flip back to 1 Corinthians 2.1-5
NOTE: If we just give out the Word, God’s Work will begin.
Isa 55.10-11 "For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, 11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
APP: This is SO IMPORTANT for so many of you today.
• I hear it all the time. “I can’t share the gospel.”
• I don’t know how to speak. I can never stand before anyone.
• I get so nervous. I just can’t do it!
• But you can, and here’s how. Open your mouth & start sharing!
• Take a step of faith trusting God to do what He said He would do when His word goes forth.
OK, What do I share? Start with this Bible study. Give some of the references, share what the Lord has taught you.
• Open your Bible… AND WATCH.
• There’s the power of the Holy Spirit, combined with your Assurance in His Word and your life backing it up!
• POWER…HOLY SPIRIT…ASSURANCE…LIFESTYLE EXAMPLE…
SO THE WORD of God went into Thessalonica, a very pagan & heathen Roman colony.
• It was controlled by one of the greatest political & military powers that the world has ever seen.
• It was filled with material prosperity, sexual immorality.
• And the Word reached the hearts & lives of people and transformed them! – Nothing is impossible with God.
• And no one is beyond the reach of God!