Summary: Sometimes we try hard to change, but that’s God’s duty not ours. We only surrender to his power.
God Can Change You
Sunday, May 16, 2004
What can you do when there is no desire for change?
What can be done to put that desire in you and how can that change come about?
The answer is: “Surrender”. Be convinced in your mind what God can do for you.
You are not responsible for and external change, but for an internal persuasion.
IV. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE GOD’S POWER TO CHANGE
6. It is by the power of God you are changed….v. 25….Phi. 2:13
7. No one can resist the power of God’s love…………..Rom. 2:4
8. You will be drawn by the power of God’s love. Lk. 15:20; 1 Pet. 3:1
9. Understand the your behavior is not of you………….Rom. 8:7-8
10. There is someone in you that really wants to obey…..Mat. 26:41
V. WHAT IF YOU’VE GONE TOO FAR?
4. As long as you are alive you haven’t gone too far……Isa. 1:18
5. No one is beyond God’s reach
6. All who desire a change can freely come…………….Rev. 22:17
VI. WHAT GOD REQUIRES OF YOU
3. An open and surrendered heart
How do you open your heart?
· Give God a chance. Ignore negative knowledge…Mat. 23:37
· Be convinced in your mind first…………Jer. 29:11; Jn. 10:10
4. Release yourself to the Holy Spirit.
Trust God is more willing to change you than you are to be convinced.
Release your faith by just presenting yourself to God as is. No excuses