Summary: God never fails
GOD CANNOT FAIL
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (KJV)
1. The God who cannot fail.
a.) The promise God made to Abraham, Isaac & Jacob concerning multiplication was fulfilled because God cannot fail.
b.) Joseph the dreamer, saw all of his dreams become a reality simply because God cannot fail !
c.) Ex 3 is where Moses encounters God in the burning bush.
1. God calls Moses to deliver his people from 400 yrs of slavery.
(1) Moses fights against this call. (I'm not able to do this)
2. But God tells Moses how he will deal w/ Pharaoh.
(1) God would send 10 plagues & in the end Pharaoh will let the people Go.
3. Moses was very apprehensive about it all, & so God had to send Aaron his brother to help him.
4. At that point Moses failed to understand that when God sets out to do something, He cannot fail !
d.) Joshua was able to bring down the wall of Jericho because God cannot fail.
1.God told Joshua exactly what he needed to do & when it was all done the walls would crumble.
(1) God did exactly what he said He would do !
2. God 's people entered the promised land because God cannot fail !
3. David defeated Goliath, because God cannot fail !!!
(1) David passed this truth down to his son Solomon.
1 Chr 28:20 David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished. (NIV)
c.) This teaches us that God is not:
1. Weak = Deficient = insufficient !
2. God does not decay, decline, diminish or sink !
3. He will not omit or neglect, fall short, or disappoint !
4. He will never be insolvent or bankrupt !
5. But, God is all powerful, abundantly abundant, all sufficient, productive & an ever presence !!! (never ever leaves us)
a.) Jesus performed miracle after miracle because the work that he did was actually the work that his father sent him to do & Jesus knew his Father could not fail !!
John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. (KJV)
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (KJV)
1. God's word.
a.) Our text tells us that God's word will not go back, or God cannot go back on His word = His word = results.
1. His word will accomplish whatever God wants & achieve want ever God sends it out to do !
2. God's word is never spoken in vain & never fails to produce the effect which God intends.
Note: I understand that this is talking about God's word in terms of the gospel = where ever it's preached it will produce & have an effect, but it's also talking about God's promises, but in any case it tells us that God word does not fail !