Summary: You and I can make any plans we wish to make, God always has the final say in any matter.
Pastor Allan Kircher
Sept 8, 2013
GOD HAS THE BEST PLAN
***Please note: Sermon is condensed. You need to add in between / spaces.
Intro: Read James 4:13-17.
James councils men against/foolishness making plans without consideration/will of God/matter.
• You and I can make any plans we wish to make
• God always has the final say in any matter.
• when we learn His plans for the situation
• then we make our plans based on His plans
• We find out that He had the best plan all along!
• We humans like to make our plans, don’t we?
• We want things to go the way we want them to go.
• Have you ever thought that God might have a better plan?
Peter/others/fished all night w/o catching a fish Luke 5
• Jesus told/put/deep water/they would catch fish
• Peter’s plan/forget fishing for/day/go home.
• But, when he obeyed/Lord, he found out/God had the best plan!
When Jesus told His disciples that He was going to die, Peter rebuked the Lord, Matt. 16:21-23.
• Peter thought he had a good plan
• when Jesus went to the cross and paid sins forever
• Peter found out that God had the best plan.
When Goliath saw David coming to meet him for battle
• he/plans/kill David/feed/carcass/scavengers/field, 2 Sam 17
• when/stone sank deep into/forehead/he fell/earth dead
• He found out that God had the best plan!
When Israel sent spies/Canaan/saw/giants/lived there, Num13
• Made plans/find themselves/new leader/go back/Egypt.
• But, over/next forty years/died one by one/wilderness
• They learned that God has the best plan.
I could go on giving you example/example/pages/God’s Word,
• This truth/fleshed out well/passage we have read/Judges.
When Gideon/his army/battle, must have had/plan
• Before/battle/joined/victory was won
• They found out that God had the best plan.
I would like for us to consider that thought today:
• God Has The Best Plan
• let’s learn/lesson/God’s plan may not/easiest plan
• not be/most popular plan
• not even seem like/smartest plan
• but God always has the best plan!
I. THE REALITIES OF GOD’S PLAN
a. v. 2-7 God’s Plan Is A Different Plan
• Gideon planned/march/battle/32,000 soldiers
• But God had a different plan!
• Context/how God whittled down army
• Trembles with fear—20,000 left.
• Still too many!!!!!!!! I will sift them!!!!!
• Lap/tongues—kneel down to drink
• 300 lapped with their hands…..
• Let the others go each to his own place.
When we make our plans for our lives, we always try to stack the deck in our favor.