Summary: "The love of God is one of the great realities of the universe, a pillar upon which the hope of the world rests." (Albert M. Wells, Jr. Inspiring Quotations-Contemporary & Classical. p. 81). The Scripture teaches us that love is not merely of God, but tha
Introduction: "The love of God is one of the great realities of the universe, a pillar upon which the hope of the world rests." (Albert M. Wells, Jr. Inspiring Quotations-Contemporary & Classical. p. 81). The Scripture teaches us that love is not merely of God, but that God is love!
1st John 4:7-8 (NASB)
Love is not merely an attribute of God, but it is His very essence! His love is absolute and unceasing being revealed to us by the death of His Son for our sins!
Jeremiah 31:3 (NASB)
John 15:13 (NASB)
Ephesians 2:4-5 (NASB)
In John 14:6-7, the only way to God is revealed and it is revealed unmistakably! Jesus Christ is the perfect revelation of God!
John 1:1, 14 (NASB)
If a person wishes to see God, to see exactly who God is and what God is like, all he must do is look at Jesus Christ!
A God of Love is bound to reveal the way, the truth, and the life in the most perfect picture possible. A God of love would never leave a man in the dark, ever seeking, and never able to find and to know. Thus God sent His Son into the world (John 3:16).
There are three ways that "God has proven His love!"
I. God has shown humanity the way to Himself.
A. John 14:6 (NASB)
B. The preferred way
1. When something is preferred it means that it is more desirable, given priority to, and chosen over something else.
2. Proverbs 14:12 (NASB)
3. Mankind teaches that there are many different ways to God.
4. But when it comes down to it there are only one of two ways a person can choose: their way or God’s way.
5. Matthew 7:13-14 (NASB)
6. The two ways refer to two types of life-style: the easy, comfortable, popular life, or the difficult way of self-denial.
7. These ways are entered by two gates: a narrow gate of surrender or a broad gate of self-sufficiency.
C. The perfect way.
1. God has laid the way for man to come to Himself, but man must follow God’s way or be lost!
2. Jesus Christ is the only way!
3. Acts 4:12 (KJV) 12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
4. There is a great difference between pointing the way to a particular place and taking someone by the hand and leading them there.
5. The person who guides a person to their destination literally becomes the way himself.
6. Jesus Christ not only points out and tells a person how to walk through life and how to reach God.
7. He personally shows the person the way.
8. Therefore He Himself is the way!
9. Hebrews 10:19-22 (NASB)
10. Unless a person places his trust in Jesus Christ, they remain dead in their sins and will die that way except they repent!
11. Ezekiel 18:4 (NASB)
12. Ezekiel 18:30-31 (NASB)
D. Jesus is the way, the perfect way.
1. John 3:18 (NASB)
E. In Jesus, we see:
1. The way of Salvation
a) 1st Timothy 2:3-6 (NASB)
2. The way of Peace And Security
3. The way To Strength and Satisfaction.
F. God through His absolute love for mankind would never leave man in the dark, feeling about, and stumbling while trying to find the way.