Summary: God is not confined to the box of our imagination. God will not be defined and limited to our boundaries, our limits, and our parameters. God is bigger than our box.
God is Able
(eg) Life in the box…confined, limited, seems safe, “normal”, seems the way it should be…But there is More…
· But Life in the box is not where God is
· God is bigger than our box.
· God will not let us conveniently confine Him to our Limits, our Boundaries, to our Parameters…
· God wants out of the Box and He wants us out of the Box…No limits; No Boundaries
· This Text – will help you Breakthrough the Box; Lift You Above your Limits; will get you beyond the Boundaries
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. NIV
20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. NASU
God is Able -- There is Power ABOVE Us
His Power is ABOVE US
1. With God – you get more!!! You Always get more…(eg) My God is so Big, so Strong and so Mighty, there’s nothing my God cannot do.”
· We need to revive some of the children’s preaise songs
2. (eg) When I was a kid – I used to read Comic Books. That was before Computer & Video Games. Long before VCRs and DVDs. The Comic Books were great – Archie; Superman; Batman & Robin. One of the best parts of the Comic Book was the Advertisements in the Back of the Book. They had the coolest stuff…There were Gadgets & Gizmos, there were practical jokes – gum that would turn your teeth black; there were magic tricks…Everything that a kid needed.
· I remember saving and saving for X-ray Vision Glasses. In the advertisement, there was a cartoon of a guy looking at his hand – you could see the outline of his hand, but you could also see all of the bones of his hand. A skeleton – all right. I had to get a pair of those X-ray Vision glasses.
· This would be great – I could see the bones of anything that I looked at.
· I saved and Saved. Filled out the order blank, sent it off in the mail, and then waited. It would take 4-1,000 weeks for delivery. I waited so long that I actually forgot about the glasses coming.
· Finally there was a package in the mailbox. The package had my name on it. Dens McConna – it was spelled wrong, but I didn’t care. I opened up the package and there it was. My pair of The X-ray Vision Glasses. It didn’t matter that the frame was made of flimsy plastic and the lenses were thin, colored cardboard – these were gonna be so cool…I was going to have X-ray Vision just like it said in the Advertisement – Comic Books don’t lie.
· I put the glasses on – the plastic ear pieces barely went over my ear, I looked through this magical device…I stared at my hand…I blinked…nothing. My hand looked red and green and all fuzzy. Maybe it was the lighting – I went outside in the sunshine, I went in the bathroom and turned off the lights, I held my hand under a lamp – nothing…I expected the power to have X-ray Vision – all I got was Red, Green Fuzziness. It was plastic & Cardboard…