Summary: There are seven things that God is able to do to us and for us.
1. Seven things God is able to do to us
• Deliver us from death: Daniel 3:17 If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.
• 2 Corinthians 1:10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,
• Heal us from sickness: Matthew 9:27-29 When Jesus departed from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out and saying, "Son of David, have mercy on us!" 28And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord." 29Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you."
• Restore us when backslidden: Psalm 23:3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
• Romans 11:23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
• Make us stand when weak: Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
• Raise us from the dead: Hebrews 11:19 concluding that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from which he also received him in a figurative sense.
• Save us: James 4:12a There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy.
• Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
• Destroy us: Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
2. Seven things God is able to do for us
• Perform His promises to us: Romans 4:21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
• Make His grace abound toward us: 2 Corinthians 2:8-9 Therefore I urge you to reaffirm your love to him. 9For to this end I also wrote, that I might put you to the test, whether you are obedient in all things.
• Do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think: Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
• Keep that which we have committed unto Him: 2 Timothy 1:12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
• Help the tempted: Hebrews 2:18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
• Keep us from falling: Jude 1:24a Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
• Present us faultless: Jude 1:24b And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,