Summary: Don’t just stand there in the back…come on up in here– get you a spoon, and take a big dip. Oh SEE….the Lords goodness and find out why some of us are so excited
GOD IS GOOD
PSALM 34:1-9 “I WILL BLESS THE LORD AT ALL TIMES: HIS PRAISE SHALL CONTINUALLY BE IN MY MOUTH.”
Do we ever praise the Lord enough or give thanks too much? Is there ever a limit to our praise and thanks? No, never. Thanksgiving to God should be a never ending practice in our lives.
LL.- When Robinson Crusoe was wrecked on his lonely isle, he drew up in two columns what he called the evil and the good, as follows:
- He was cast on a desolate island, but still alive—not drowned, as all his ship's company were.
- He was divided from mankind and banished from human society, but he was not starving.
- He had no clothes, but he was in a hot climate where he didn't need them.
- He was without means of defense, but he saw no wild beasts, such as he had seen on the coast of Africa.
- He had no soul to speak to, but God had sent the ship so near to the shore that he could get of it all things for his needs.
So he concluded that there was not any condition in the world so miserable but there was something positive to be thankful for in it.
What about you? Do you only see the negative things in your life? Can you not find the positive things in your life for which to give thanks and praise to the Lord?
1- The Lord has answered my prayers (4)
2- The Lord saved me from my troubles (6)
3- The Lord blessed me with good (7-10)
• We are going praise the Lord. We are brag on the Lord. . Don’t get mad….might as well get used to it.
2 MY SOUL SHALL MAKE HER BOAST IN THE LORD: THE HUMBLE SHALL HEAR THEREOF, AND BE GLAD.
• My soul has to boast in the lord. I’ve got to speak good of his name.
• Sometimes people hear us talking about our life’s and people think we are boasting about ourselves. -- NO, we are boasting on what God is doing in us.
• The work that has happen in this church….all the things that have been done -- This thing is not done by the ingenuity of man – but by the hand of the Lord.
• My boasting is not in ourselves. We are not here to impress each other. Our boasting is in the Lord. I am going to brag on him….we are not going to stop.
• The humble will hear and praise, but the proud, the dignified, so much your petrified, you won’t praise the Lord. You don’t want to hear about it…
3 O MAGNIFY THE LORD WITH ME, AND LET US EXALT HIS NAME TOGETHER.
• OH, don’t take the O out of the bible. You ever watch a hockey team score? OH, he scores
• Notice this bragging thing is a team effort. It is not just me up here – David says, come on now, Oh magnify the Lord with me.
• Isn’t that what we came to do. Isn’t that what adoring him and worshipping him is all about.
• We filed in here this today to magnify his name TOGETHER
4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
You meet your fears with your faith
• YOU KNOW WHY THE LORD IS GOOD? – HE DELIVERS YOU FROM YOU FEARS.
6 THIS POOR MAN CRIED, AND THE LORD HEARD HIM, AND SAVED HIM OUT OF ALL HIS TROUBLES.
What kind of troubles does a poor man have? Poor man troubles.
• I have seen it over and over. People’s life’s get better serving the lord and putting their faith in our Good God. The righteous have never been forsaken.
• Will the Lord him someone get better even with his substance?
7 THE ANGEL OF THE LORD ENCAMPETH ROUND ABOUT THEM THAT FEAR HIM, AND DELIVERETH THEM.
• Don’t stand on the fringe, Get up in here and find out for yourselves.
• Don’t just stand there in the back…come on up in here– get you a spoon, and take a big dip. Oh SEE….the Lords goodness and find out why some of us are so excited
8 O TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD: BLESSED IS THE MAN THAT TRUSTETH IN HIM.
• Every now and then someone will break out with:
God is good – all the time God is Good.
Say it with me…Oh the lord is good.
Oh the lord is good.
Oh the lord is good.
I am stirred in my spirit. See how the word of God WILL direct your steps?
This sermon may have to come with a label and a warning…this sermon will create unsurmountable excitement. Why is God good?