Summary: O taste and see that the Lord is good This means that Christianity is something to experience as well as something to believe
Bakers Sods WV
- Sods is a term used in the Allegheny Mountains of eastern West Virginia for a mountain top meadow or bog, in an area that is otherwise generally forested.
- Two hr. bike ride took over 5 hr.
- Back tracking & Wrong turns
- Late into Baker Sods
- Out of water & snack
- A unexpected surprise
- It had apple trees laden with apples to refresh our hunger & thirst
Song of Solomon 2:3 (AV) — 3 As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
Ps 34:8 AV O taste and see that the LORD is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
- You can only know this really and personally by experience.
Are they good?
- If I asked about a Grinder (Philly area)
- P'ZONE or calzone you might know
- Chocolate Chip Cookies you know for sure
- Can't tell by looking at them that they are good?
- Can't tell by smelling them that they are good?
- Tasting them is the only sure way to find out.
- This means that Christianity is something to experience as well as something to believe
- To know if Jesus is good is to find out for yourself.
- Queen of Sheba hard the fame of Solomon
- Came to see for herself
- Spoke in awe
1 Kings 10:7 (AV) — 7 Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.
1 Corinthians 2:9 (AV) — 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Isaiah 64:4 (AV)
— 4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
Psalm 31:19 (AV)
— 19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
God Is So Good — Ps 107
- Note v. 8, 15, 21, 31 "Oh that men would praise the Lord"
- Why? "for His goodness"
- v. 9 Because - "He satisfies"
Psalm 107:9 (AV)
— 9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
- v.8 - By recognizing "His wonderful works"
- v. 1 - We praise Him - By giving thanks - For His goodness
- v. 2-6 - Remember our helpless estate
Faith is the soul's taste; they who test the Lord by their confidence always find him good, and they become themselves blessed.
What is necessary in order to "taste?"
a. Call upon Him.
b. Come to Him.
c. Cherish Him
Results of tasting is wanting more
HIS message isn't "Clean yourself up and run to God.
" No, HIS message is the Gospel -
"Run to God and he will make you clean.".
........ Paul Tripp