Summary: A great Canada Day message or Independence Day message. I give 3 reasons why God is still walking the land in the midst of rebellion and wickeness, enjoy!
Title: God Is Walking The Land
- In our text this morning we see God walking the land.
- A land where the Jewish people where in slavery for 400 years and being badly mistreated.
- A land where there was poverty for God’s people and wealth for rebellious people.
- A land where there was idol worship and false gods.
- Where the one true God was not honored by the people of the land.
- A land where there was murder and death to the innocent.
- It was a horrible time for God’s people, but yet in spite of all this our text says, “But on that day I will deal differently with the land of Goshen, where my people live, no swarms of flies will be there, so that you will know that I, the Lord, am in this land.”
- God was in the land walking in the midst of such cruelty.
- And God is walking in our land today, in the midst of such rebellion, greed and wickedness. There’s hope this morning.
- We may not see God, we may think that God has left Canada or North America but He hasn’t and is still walking among us
- I am going to give you 3 reasons why God didn’t leave the land of Egypt and why God hasn’t left our land.
Point 1: To Make His Presence Known Again
Psalm 65:4 says, “Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house of your holy temple.”
- Our greatest joy is to be near God and to enjoy communion with Him.
- This is now possible for all believers through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- The Bible encourages us to draw near to God always, so that we can receive strength to help us in our times of need.
- Who has a need this morning? Who of you know someone who has a need?
- True joy and contentment are found in God’s presence and continually desiring to be in God’s presence.
- It is a great tragedy when Christians treat lightly coming into the presence of God.
- Perhaps that’s why some Christians today are weak and having a hard time in there walk with God.
- Being in the presence of God will strengthen you in your time of need. But it will also be your source of joy.
Recently while going through an airport during one of his many trips, President Bush encountered a man with silver hair, wearing a white robe and sandals, holding a staff.
President Bush went up to the man and said, "Aren’t you Moses?"
The man never answered but just kept staring ahead.
Again the President said, "Moses!" in a loud voice.
The man just kept staring ahead, never answering the president.
Soon a secret service agent came along and President Bush grabbed him and said, "Doesn’t this man look like Moses to you?"
The secret service agent agreed with the President.
"Well," said the President, "Every time I say his name, he just keeps staring ahead and refuses to speak. Watch!"
Again, the President yelled, "Moses!" and again the man stared ahead.
The secret service man went up to the man in the white robe and whispered, "You look just like Moses. Are you Moses?"
The man leaned over and whispered, "Yes, I am Moses. But the last time I talked to a bush, I spent 40 years wandering in the desert!"
- So as Christians we know what joy there is with being in God’s presence.
- And I am sure that Moses new true joy in God’s presence even when he was going through difficult times.
- And as for us when we begin to worship God and get into His presence, there are times His presence will be so strong that it comforts us no matter what we are going through.
Point 2: To Bring Healing To The Nations
Ish 1:18 says, “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow, though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.”
- Our nation needs a Spiritual healing, where people come to know the Lord as there personal Savior.
- Our country also needs, Physical and Emotional healing.
- For our nation is full of epidemics like aids, cancer, heart disease etc.
- And Dr. Phil gives us examples everyday of people who need emotional healing.
- We see that there is no shortage of needs when we look around.
- But out of all these needs, the one that I find most important is our spiritual need in society. Meaning acceptance of God and living for Him.