Summary: God’s Loving desire to save all people
God Loves Them To
INTRO: A. Who has dressed up in school colors, painted face, or yelled at a sporting event. Is it exciting listening to announcer call the game, shouts through the microphone, ‘He shoots He Scores!’ or “10, 5, Touchdown!” or “Its over the fence! Homerun!” We get passionate about our sports & teams
1. Do we get that excited over the lost being Saved? Lu 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
a. We can say there is Passion in heaven
2. We as a people are for freedom, paying billions of $$ &
American blood & lives to bring freedom to Afghanistan & Iraq
a. How much are we willing to pay for people’s spiritual
3. We cry & pray for people to be healthy & to live longer in
this old sinful wicked world?
a. But what are our prayers like for their spiritual health &
their eternal life?
4. We get upset with the news that a friend or neighbor might
a. But are we grieved at the thought of them stepping into
eternity un prepared?
5. Most Christians know the facts of heaven & hell, eternity to
be ready for. We desire to see people saved
a. But Our love & passion isn’t like God’s
b. We don’t see the fields as Jesus saw the fields Joh 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and [then] cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
6. As Christians we to develop a heart of Love & a passion for
what God Loves & has a passion for
**Michael Jordan contract. Normally Professional athletes can not play the sport but when the team owner says. No other game any other time. But MJ refused to sign. He had a new clause. “The love of game clause” He had such a passion for the game. He wasn’t going to be told when & where he could & could not play it. It wasn’t just about money of MJ. He had a passion for the game of basketball. Mchenery’s Stories #806
a. That is what we as Christians need to develop a love for
Jesus and those Jesus loves that can’t be stopped
b. It isn’t the finer things in life, arts & music or even a great
worship experience as much as it pleases Him
c. God’s love & passion is the redemption of man
I. People Matter to God v16
A. Is Jn 3:16 just a memory verse to us
1. Does that tell you & me, God love me? Or more?
2. Who does God Love? The world, the people of the world
a. Red & yellow, black & white, precious in His sight
3. Religious & non religious, Good & bad church & non-church
4. When in the bible was God Pleased, Happy?
a. Creation saw it was good
b. Jesus’ Birth Singing in Heaven glorious time
c. When we exercise faith, without faith it is impossible to please
5. Is God pleased, happy at the punishment of the lost?
**Jewish tradition of the defeat of the Egyptians at Red Sea, Angels started to celebrate & God stopped them. “My creatures are drowning, and you are praising me?”
Eze 33:11 Say unto them, [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
6. Jn 3:16 reminds us of God’s GREAT LOVE
a. Unlimited, Unconditional Love
2 Pt 3:9 “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
B. God sent…
1. Thousands of parents sent their son or daughter off to war
a. They loved their child as much as any human could love
1. Many probably tried to talk their child out of going, Yet they went
b. Yet they have returned in coffins or are buried on a foreign
c. We are of Imperfect Love
2. The Love of the Father & the Son is perfect, Perfect in unity
a. He sent His one & only unique Son from His throne to a
world of sin & Iniquity
b. To be born not in a palace but a barn
c. To a kingdom that didn’t want him
d. To a People who didn’t understand Him & eventually
would kill him
3. God sent His Son from His Throne to the human squalor