Summary: God still talks to his people.
Thank you Rev. M. Edge
God Moves, God Speaks
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Mat 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Mat 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly [is] plenteous, but the labourers [are] few;
Mat 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
I. Gen 1:2 - "Without form and void"
- Hebrew for "chaotic and useless or empty"
- This world began with chaos, turmoil, emptiness, uselessness
- Scientists tell us the beginning of the earth was one of upheaval, giant explosions, volcanic eruptions, and large scale seismic activity
- There was nothing redeeming about the world, there was measurable value, it was one big giant mess
This world is still in a mess!
- Its filled with chaos, crime, bloodshed, warfare
- People are living turmoil-filled lives with divorce and fornication, greed and pride, corruption and dishonesty
- Marriages are falling apart, families are disrupted, people are empty and without purpose pursuing happiness only to find hollow, unfulfilling voids in their hearts
But "In the beginning God..."
- Before there was a chaotic world, there was God
- Before there was turmoil, there was God
- Before its emptiness, before its convulsing, before its shaking and quaking, God was there
And the Bible says "the Spirit of God MOVED upon the face" of all of the chaos and all of the emptiness and the vast void of nothing that world consisted of
And God is STILL MOVED at the suffering of people!
He is still affected by empty souls, broken hearts, and aimless humanity!
He is a God who can be moved---He has emotions---He has a heart---He is not calloused---He can be TOUCHED by the feelings of our infirmities!
He is sensitive and kind.
He is a God of compassion and tender mercy.
He cares for you---what happens to you---what you are going through.
And He is moved when he sees us cry---when He sees us suffer---when He sees our lonliness---when He sees our despair
He is not far from any one of us---He is near---and He is looking for an opportunity to show Himself strong
II. I am thankful for His great compassion, but I'm thankful that He is more than just a SYMPATHETIC GOD!
When God is moved---He not only is touched and feels for us---He has something to say
God moves and God speaks!
When the Lord moved upon that vast emptiness of chaotic upheaval and tumult--He moved upon its face and He SPOKE
And when God SPEAKS---He SPEAKS order, and purpose, and structure, and uniformity