Summary: Because Christ is your ark, you must be “in Christ’ to experience deliverance from the pervasive power of sin.
I. UNDERSTAND EVIL RULES IN MAN’S HEART! v. 5
A. Sin took root and grew out of man’s control. 6:1-5, 11-12
1. Man chooses to sin against God.
2. Man is a slave to sin.
B. Sin escalated to the point of God’s judgment. 6:6-7
1. God sees your sin.
2. God’s mercy has limits.
II. HUMBLY ACCEPT GOD’S GRACE! v. 8
A. Grace warned of coming judgment. 6:13; 7:4
1. God warned Noah.
2. Noah warned others.
B. Grace told Noah how to advert the judgment. 14
1. God gave specific instructions for salvation.
2. Noah listened and obeyed.
III. BY FAITH ACT ON THE GRACE GOD IMPARTS! v. 22; Heb 11:7
A. Noah built the ark for 100 years. 6:22; 7:5
1. Faith responds in belief even when it seems absurd.
2. Faith responds with obedience even when it is hard.
B. Noah entered the ark of safety before judgment came. 7:4-7
1. He went when told into the place of safety. 2. God shut him in.
IV. RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR ARK FOR SALVATION! 7:1; Heb 11:7
A. God’s righteousness always prevails. 7:18-20
1. Through His judgment!
2. Through His mercy!
B. Noah offers sacrificial worship. 8:20-21
1. He offered a pleasing sacrifice.
2. God accepted his offering.