Summary: Our need to find God as our dependence in the time of trouble.
G.O.D. (GUARANTEED OUR DELIVERANCE)
(GOD OUR DELIVER)
Text: Psalms 30:5
“For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favor is life: weeping may endure
for a night, but joy cometh in the morning,
1. Are you in the middle of the night and don’t see hope of morning?
a. Everything is dark?
b. Life is without meaning?
c. Where is God?
d. You have wepted!
1. Weep means to literally pour yourself out.
e. You are in the middle of the night of despair.
1. If you are lost without Christ.
2. Believer’s live here at times.
2. What causes the Night times of our lives.
1. Man loves darkness rather than light. (John 3:19)
“and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.”
2. Man born in sin. (Ps. 51:5)
“Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
3. Illustration: Adam & Eve hid from God after sinning.
a. God is light.
b. Test and Trials
1. Job’s loss of everything. (Job Chapter one)
2. Peter Prison (Acts Chapter 12)
a. Life and Death situation.
3. Paul and Silas in Jail at midnight.
4. Paul in the night when ship wrecked on his journey to Rome.
3. What may be the out come of the Night seasons of our life’s.
a. Trust God = Faith: a must to please God, and to become righteous.
b. Make proper confessions with our lips that speak of what’s in the heart.
1. Job an example: (Job 1:22; 2:10)
“In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. (2:10) In all this did not Job sin with his lips.”
c. Like Peter we can trust God to bring us out of the prison of death.
d. Like Paul & Silas that we can rejoice at being counted worthy to suffer for Christ.
e. Like Paul & Silas we can visualize ministry out of night seasons.
1. Had church in Jail.
a. Jail Ministry.
2. Revival: Household Salvation.
4. Learn that Joy comes in the morning.
a. All of our night seasons are real, and God knows about them, and He truly cares.
b. We must visualize the darkness night ever in the history of mankind, and God’s knowledge of it.
1. Calvary and three days in the grave. (Luke 23:44,45)
“And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. (vs. 45) And the sun was darkened and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.”
a. The religious leaders thought they had rid themselves of Jesus.
b. The Adversary must have thought he had killed the Son of God, and won the victory that he has always sought for to exalt himself above God.
1. If Satan had only known that he had sealed his doom.
“Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.”
c. We must visualize the victory that comes in the morning, even while it yet be dark.
1. In the midst of the rent veil, God allowed His mercy to be revealed.
a. Death occurs improperly entering the Holy of Holies.
2. We can have a song like Paul and Silas.
3. Greatest of all to find that Our Lord has been Victorious. (John 20:1)
a. “when it was yet dark,”
1. Hold on to the promises, morning is coming.
b. “JOY COMETH IN THE MORNING!”