Summary: In this sermon outline we see how God sent His Word in Bible days and how He still sends it today. We will see how He did it then and how He does it today. This sermon will enough you and your people to want to do as the Psalmist did in Psalm 119:11 Thy w
GOD SENDS HIS WORD TODAY!
In this sermon outline we see how God sent His Word in Bible days and how He still sends it today. We will see how He did it then and how He does it today. This sermon will enough you and your people to want to do as the Psalmist did in Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Psa 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. Psa 107:21 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! Psa 107:22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.
I. There is no distance to answered prayer.
Mat 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. Mat 8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. Mat 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
A. Jesus told the centurion that he had great faith.
1. How can we have great faith?
a. First by praying the Word.
b. We pray the Word when we mix the Promises of God in our prayers.
c. In our citywide crusade in Arica, Chile many years ago, a man came, heard the Word. That night he received Christ and doing the closing prayer he prayed of his 15year old son in Peru dying with cancer. Four days later he received a telegram from the hospital saying his son was cured. PTL!
II. We also send the Word by doing the commission of Jesus when we preach, live and demonstrate the Gospel.
A. We do by sending missionaries to the world
B. We do it by the lives we live.
C. We do it every time we tell others what Jesus has done for us.
D. In our 50 years of ministry to over 125 countries we have taken the Gospel.
1. We have sent it by going.
2. We have given to send and support others.
3. We had a worldwide radio ministry.
4. We have printed our tracts and books in many languages
5. We have had TV crusades on the mission fields.
6. My wife has made 10 albums that have blessed many with the word.
III. We cannot send the Word unless we have the Word in our hearts.
A. What must we do?
1. First we need to do what Paul told Timothy. 2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2. Pray mixing the promises of God with our prayers.
3. Wait on the Lord and let Him speak His promises to you and then you will be have to hide (treasure) the Word in your hearts. Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
4. Make Jesus Lord of your spirit, soul and body.
I love the words of this old hymn.
All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live
All to Jesus