Summary: HEARING FROM GOD
If God spoke with Adam and Eve and they heard God clearly, can we boost of saying that we still hear God clearly?
If not, then, only one thing is likely to be the problem, which is our relationship with the Holy Spirit.
• God’s Spokesman: The Holy Spirit is a spokesman for God. God speaks to us through the Holy Spirit (John 16:13) “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.” God speaks today!
• How To Hear The Holy Spirit:
The individual must have The Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13)
Then God can speak through Him to all (John 16:13)
• Can You Recognize His Voice?
If you wonder if God has spoken to you, it may be He did, but you didn't know that it was He (John 10:27)
Samuel didn't know it was God the first three times God spoke to him (1 Sam 3:1-9)
Until he was assisted. Today, do not harden your heart as the Holy Spirit will open our ears IJN (Ps 95:8)
Samuel did not recognize God’s voice until God showed Himself (1Sam 3:10). The Lord will visit us today IJN
• How To Hear God Speak
I will mention a few things that may help you hear God speak.
Hearing the voice of God is like learning a new language; you must do everything to pay attention so as to learn and distinguish that which is the voice of God and which is not.
In any of these ways, it should be made known unto you that when God speaks, it will definitely lead you more to God and away from sin and devil, else, it is not of God and neither the Holy Spirit.
1. Through the Word of God (2 Tim 3:16, Psalm 119:11, 105): This is the most clear and effective way of God’s communication with his people. If you want to know how things work perfectly, you need to read the manual.
Bible is God’s manual for his people. But as in case with other manuals, we often ignore Bible. How often do we try everything else, but his words?
3. Through the Audible Voice of God (Acts 9:4-5)
4. Through Dreams (Matthew 1:20-21)
5. Through Visions (Acts 10:9-18)
6. Through Angels (Luke 1: 26-38)
7. By Inner Conviction and Peace: It is similar to the inner still, small voice of Holy Spirit. God can give you deep conviction and inner peace about something.
Be so sure that you are on the Lord’s side, so as to be sure that the conviction is actually from God.
8. Through the advice and counsel of men and women of God (Proverb 12:15)
9. Prophecy: (Acts 2:18, 1 Sam 1:13-18) vs 11
10. Pictures and Images: Gen 41:1-7. You see pictures and images instead of words. It can be a word of knowledge that comes like a picture. Some people are more visual than audient and God speaks to us in the way we communicate best.
• Why You Must Hear God Speak To You
1. (Gen 3:8) God originally wanted it for fellowshipping at a period called - Latin (leruach haiyom – meaning: in the evening breeze); some say cool of the day.
2. To dine and relate with Him (Rev 3:20)
3. To hear the secrets and agenda of God (Gen 18:17)
4. To hear directions (Gen 12:1)
5. To know when He has answered your prayer requests apart from the inner conviction (Gen 18:13-14)
6. To hear and claim your blessings (Gen 12:2)