Summary: God loves a FAT Man! One who is FAITHFUL, ACCOUNTABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY. Main Points and Title for this sermon were inspired by a sermon from William Wilmore, Jr. God Loves a Fat Man.
God Wants You To Be FAT!
The Parable of the Talents)
• The Players in the Parable: The Master represents Christ while the servants represent us (Christians).
• When Jesus ascended into heaven, he was like a man traveling to another country.
• He did not leave us empty handed. He gave us everything we need to take care of ourselves and his Kingdom during his absence.
• Christ doesn’t keep any idle servants. When he returns he will want to know what we have done in his absence.
• What did you do with the things I left for you?
• Were you Faithful with them?
• What is you Account of them?
• Can I Trust you with anything better?
God loves a FAT Man! One who is FAITHFUL, ACCOUNTABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY.
I. Faithful Servants
A. Like the servants in the parable, we too are expected to be Faithful.
II. Accountable Servants
B. God expects us to give him an increase. 1 Cor. 3:5–9
III. Trustworthy Servants
A. Like the servants in the parable, Christ will reward those who prove to be trustworthy and he will punish those who are not.
B. Works will not earn our way into heaven, but work we must. Eph. 2:8–10
God has given so much for you, the least we can do is be FAT for him!
Main Points and Title for this sermon were inspired by a sermon from William Wilmore, Jr. God Loves a Fat Man at sermoncentral.com