Summary: Uncover what has been stopping or blocking your blessing.
God, What is Stopping My Blessing? (Part 2)
October 8, 2006
· Have you ever ask God what was stopping or blocking your blessing.
· Last week we discussed some things that can stop or block our blessing.
· We discussed that the Bible says as a Believer, God has already blessed us. Christians already possess the blessing that was on Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
· So if God has already blessed us, it must be something we are or are not doing to line up with the Word of God.
· We discussed that we must repent then be obedient to the Word of God. We must do what God says and not what we want. We must walk in love.
· This morning, let us see how faithfulness will help us remove what is stopping our blessing.
· Let us look to the Word this morning and finish unplugging the stoppages that are blocking our blessing.
1. The blessings exist in every Born Again Christian (Recap Last Week)(NKJV)
Ephesians 1 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
A. Jesus has purchased mankind from the curse through His death and resurrection.
B. According to God’s Word, Christians already possess the blessing that was on Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
C. Walk in the blessings that God has given you. Open your spiritual eyes as see what the Lord has done in you. (NKJV) Galatians 3 13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
2 Faithfulness is a key to accessing our blessing.
1. Being Unfaithful…will stop your blessing. God will not bless a mess.
2. A faithful man will abound, or overflow with blessings.
(NKJV) Proverbs 28 20 A faithful man will abound with blessings, But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.
3. A faithful person is loyal, reliable and dependable. (Does this describe you?)
a. Faithfulness is doing what you were last told to do.
b. Faithfulness is a continuous commitment to do things God’s way.
c. When God looks at your life, will He see you as being faithful and trustworthy?
d. A man should be found faithful, proving himself worthy of trust.
(NKJV) 1 Corinthians 4 2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.
4. God must be able to trust you with the resources and anointing that He has given you. (Can He Trust You?)
a. In the parable of the five talents, Jesus demonstrates the importance of faithfulness.
i. A master gives his servant his goods to be managedMatthew 25:14-30).
ii. The wicked servant’s unfaithfulness blocked the blessing of God from operating in his life.
iii. When you are unfaithful, you will always be led astray because of whom you put your faith.
b. God will only bless you with what you are capable of handling.
c. When God entrusts something to you, be faithful with what He gives you and He will give you more.