Summary: This sermon reminds us that God is nearest during our times of sadness.
1. God Knows Where We are When We are Hurting.
2. Our Saviour is Nearest When Our Souls are Sad.
3. Overwhelming Sorrow Can Prevent Us From Encountering His Presence.
4. Christ Will Unfold the Scriptures During Our Dark Seasons.
5. The Presence of God is Not Based On Human Significance. (Not much is known about Cleophas and the other fellow)
6. God Will Talk With Us in Ways We Don’t Notice.
7.God Will Turn Our Heavy Hearts Into Burning Hearts.
Conclusion: We must remain keen to the special visits of ur Saviou during our hours of sadness. Often He is present and we seldom notice.
"May God Bless and Keep You"
Pastor Rodney L. Johnson Sr.,
Historic Bethlehem Baptist Church