Summary: God gives a better stimulus check than the government does, and He gives them to us over and over again.
PHILIPPIANS 4:19 “GOD’S STIMULUS CHECK”
A) This verse has encouraged me many times.
* This is one of those verses in the Bible that you just have to grab hold of by faith
and just believe it with all your heart.
* I want to break this verse down, and phrase by phrase, let it bless our hearts as
I preach on, “God’s Stimulus Check”
(1) THE FIRM
A) I think of people who work for big firms.
* BMW – Telephone – Power – Law – What is the firm here? – “My God.”
* Paul didn’t hesitate to make it clear that, to him, God was a personal friend,
B) The names of God – “Elohim” – God – Strong Creator – Gen. 1:1 .......
* “Jehovah” – Lord God – Self Existent One – God has always been.
* “Adonai” – Lord Master – In Control Of It All – Oceans, planets, stars.
C) “Jehovah-Rohi” – Protector – The faithful God Who watches over us
and cares for us.
* 1 Peter 5:7 “Casting all your care .......” Psa. 34:15 “The eyes of the Lord .......”
* As a Shepherd watches over his sheep – Psa. 23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd .......”
D) “Jehovah-Jireh” – Provider – Psa. 23:1 “I shall not want.”
* Life’s needs are met and provided by Jehovah-Jireh.
* Psa. 37:5 “I have been young .......”
(2) THE PROMISE * “Shall supply.”
A) Matt. 6:8 “For your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before
ye ask him.”
* God met our needs before we even had needs.
B) Yesterday’s gone – Tomorrow never comes – So use today.
* Story of Abraham and Isaac in Gen. 22 .......
C) When Isaac asked his father, “Where is the lamb?” – Abraham replied,
“The Lord will provide.” – “Jehovah-Jireh will provide.”
* Finish the rest of the story .......
(3) THE AMOUNT * “All your need.”
A) What do you need today – Right now? – Is it a physical need?
* Is it a financial need? – Domestic need?
B) Whatever it is, God SHALL supply.
* “Shall” – Webster says, “will have to, must.”
* The Greek word means, “to cram.”
(4) THE GUARANTEE * “According to His riches.”
A) How rich is He?
* Psa. 50:10-12 “For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand
hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.”
B) Any time you borrow money, they want some kind of collateral to guarantee
them that they will get their money.
* If you ask Jesus what guarantees does He have, what does He say?
* “My riches.” – The Greek word means, “Abundant fullness – Possessing all things,
(5) THE ADDRESS * “In glory.” – We know where to get in contact with Him.
A) By the way, this is our permanent address – We’re going to be with Christ
forever one day.
* John 14:1-3 “Let not your heart be – In my Father’s house – And if I go .......”
* Where He is, there are we gonna be.
(6) THE SIGNATURE * “By Christ Jesus.”
A) My check – My signature – Rockefeller’s signature – Donald Trump’s
* Jesus gives us a blank check with His signature on it and says, “Just fill it in
with what you need, and I will provide it for you.”
B) Repeat text again – Now what do you need? – Ask Him for it.