Summary: Moses needed 13 trains of food, water, & wood. Then they want meat! Will God still work miracles? Yes, because the Blood hasn't lost its power, the Holy Spirit hasn't been withdrawn, Jesus conquered all, the Word can't return void & God is for you!
THE LORD’S ARM IS NOT SHORTENED
A. HUMOR: THE AGGIE AND THE SHEEP
1. An Aggie was really tired of being made fun of, so he decided to take off his Texas A & M shirt and start wearing an SHSU shirt.
2. He drove ½ way to Huntsville and saw a farmer and a flock of sheep and thought, “Man, a sheep would make an awesome pet!”
3. He got out and walked over to the farmer and said, “If I can guess how many sheep you have, can I take one home?”
4. The farmer, being a bit of a gambler himself, said, “Sure.” The Aggie looked at the flock and guessed, “157.”
5. The farmer was amazed – he was right! So the Aggie in an SHSU shirt, picked one out and got back into his car.
6. Before he left, farmer walked up to him and said. “If I can guess what school your from, can I have my dog back?”
VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/3853307 Video about how God provides, Abram & Isaac, Moses & serpents, Rich man & the beggar Lazarus, Christ as our atonement.
B. TEXT: Number 11:1-2, 4-6, 10-13,18-23
11 Now the people complained…in the hearing of the Lord, and when he heard them his anger was aroused. Then fire from the Lord burned among them and consumed some of the outskirts of the camp. 2 When the people cried out to Moses, he prayed to the Lord and the fire died down. 4 The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said.… “We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost….6 But now we have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna!” 10 Moses heard the people of every family wailing at the entrance to their tents. The Lord became exceedingly angry, and Moses was troubled. 11 He asked the Lord, “13 Where can I get meat for all these people? They keep wailing to me, ‘Give us meat to eat!’” 18 “Tell the people: ‘Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow, when you will eat meat. The Lord heard you when you wailed, “If only we had meat to eat! We were better off in Egypt!” Now the Lord will give you meat, and you will eat it. 19 You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, ten or twenty days, 20 but for a whole month—until it comes out of your nostrils and you loathe it—because you have rejected the Lord…”’ 21 But Moses said, “Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, ‘I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!’ 22 Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?” 23 The Lord answered Moses, “Is the Lord’s arm too short? Now you will see whether or not what I say will come true for you.”
1. Even Moses was vulnerable to doubt. Here he is telling the Lord he doesn’t think God can pull off something!
2. We’re going to look at some of Moses’ insurmountable challenges, 6 proofs God’s reach isn’t shortened today, and confront situations in our lives that look impossible.