Summary: Just like the EPA cleans up pollutants in the US, God's EPA cleans up the pollution of the human body, soul, and spirit. What 3 cleaning forces does this? The Word (Euaggelion), Holy Spirit (Pneuma), and the Blood (Aima).
GOD’S E. P. A.
1 Jn. 5:8 KJV
A. HUMOR: The Garden of Eden
1. One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve called out to God. "Lord, I have a problem!" "What's the problem, Eve?"
2. "Lord, thank you for creating me and giving me this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, but I'm just not happy."
3. "Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above. "Lord, I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."
4. "Well Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a Man for you." "What's a Man, Lord?"
5. "This man will be a flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie and cheat a little, and be very competitive; all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But, he'll be bigger, faster, and will like to hunt and kill things. He will look silly when he's aroused, but since you've been complaining, I'll create him in such a way that he will satisfy your physical needs. At times he’ll do childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about, so he'll also need your advice to think properly."
6. "Sounds great." says Eve, with an ironically raised eyebrow. "But, what's the catch, Lord?" "Well... you can have him on one condition." "What's that, Lord?"
7. "As I said, he's proud and self-admiring... So you'll have to let him believe that I made him first!”
B. GOV’T AGENCY LINGO BINGO
1. The Federal Gov’t has an almost limitless number of agencies, all of which are identified by an abbreviation of their names. See if you can guess the following (just list the abbreviations on a screen):
CIA Central Intelligence Agency
EEOC Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
FCC Federal Communications Commission
FDIC Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
FEC Federal Election Commission
FRS Federal Reserve Service
FTC Federal Trade Commission
GSA General Services Administration
NTSB National Transportation Safety Board
NRC Nuclear Regulatory Commission
PC Peace Corps
SEC Securities and Exchange Commission
SBA Small Business Administration
SSA Social Security Administration
TVA Tennessee Valley Authority
USPS U.S. Postal Service
HUD Department of Housing and Urban Development
DOVA Department of Veteran Affairs
DOHS Department of Homeland Security
OMB Office of Management and Budget
2. One of the most hated and maligned agencies is the EPA. It’s frequently cited as an example of a governmental overreach or bureaucracy gone amuck.
3. In reality, it has played a vital part in cleaning up our air, water, and land from pollutants. If you look at the pollution of India or China today, it will make you appreciate the E.P.A.!
4. However, the E.P.A. has taken their mission too far in many areas. This year, 1-4-13, for instance, they tried to get all rainwater runoff declared “pollutants” in order to gain jurisdiction of all streams & waterways in the US!
5. But still, I think a lot of cleaning needs to be done on Planet Earth, and not just physically! Well, the good news is, God has a spiritual version of the E.P.A., but without the excesses.
6. Ever heard of it? Well, let men tell you about it. Man needed to be cleaned up, so God gave us HIS E.P.A.