Summary: God works in us through His Word and promises. In this outline we share 4 ways in which the Word of God works in us to do His will.
GOD’S WORD IN US!
God works in us through His Word and promises. In this outline we share 4 ways in which the Word of God works in us to do His will.
bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (KJV)
- Ps 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (KJV)
I. The Word should first be in our mind.
- Deut 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: (KJV)
- Ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. (KJV)
- Ps 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper
A. We must receive in first in our minds to know the Word.
1. We hear the Word.
2. We read the Word.
3. We should know the Word
4. Having ears to ear.
II. We must have to Word in our Heart.
- Ps 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (KJV)
- Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: (KJV)
- Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
A. The word goes into our heart as we digest it in our minds.
1. We chew it by meditating upon the Word.
2. We then have a spiritual swallow.
3. This is when the Word becomes the Rhema of the Word.
B. In our minds we know the Word but in our hearts we believe the Word.
C. Remember how you can read a passage over and over and then one day it becomes real to you. You just had a spiritual chew.
III. Then the Word needs to be in our MOUTH
- Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou
mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and
then thou shalt have good success. (KJV)
A. Three persons need to hear us speak the Work.
1. First you must hear yourself confess the Word.
a. When you do hear your self it is building yourself up in the most holy faith.
b. This is what weight lifters do, football players, they speak to the weights, and they speak to their opponents that they can do it.
c. Jesus said to speak to the mountain of our life.
2. Then the devil needs to hear us speak the Word.
1 Pet 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
a. This is how Jesus dealt with the devil during his temptation.
b. We need to speak God’s Word to the devil and he will flee.