Summary: God works in us through His Word and promises. In this outline we share 4 ways in which the Word of God works in us to do His will.
GOD’S WORD IN US!
God works in us through His Word and promises. In this outline we share 4 ways in which the Word of God works in us to do His will.
Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put
bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (KJV)
- John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
- Ps 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (KJV)
I. The Word should first be in our mind.
- Deut 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: (KJV)
- Ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. (KJV)
- Ps 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper
A. We must receive in first in our minds to know the Word.
1. We hear the Word.
2. We read the Word.
3. We should know the Word
4. Having ears to ear.
II. We must have to Word in our Heart.
- Ps 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (KJV)
- Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: (KJV)
- Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
A. The word goes into our heart as we digest it in our minds.
1. We chew it by meditating upon the Word.
2. We then have a spiritual swallow.
3. This is when the Word becomes the Rhema of the Word.
B. In our minds we know the Word but in our hearts we believe the Word.
C. Remember how you can read a passage over and over and then one day it becomes real to you. You just had a spiritual chew.
III. Then the Word needs to be in our MOUTH
- Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
- Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou
mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and
then thou shalt have good success. (KJV)
A. Three persons need to hear us speak the Work.
1. First you must hear yourself confess the Word.
a. When you do hear your self it is building yourself up in the most holy faith.
- Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, (KJV)
b. This is what weight lifters do, football players, they speak to the weights, and they speak to their opponents that they can do it.
c. Jesus said to speak to the mountain of our life.
2. Then the devil needs to hear us speak the Word.
1 Pet 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
a. This is how Jesus dealt with the devil during his temptation.
b. We need to speak God’s Word to the devil and he will flee.
3. The God needs to hear us speak the Word.
2 Cor 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. (KJV)
a. When He hears us speak His Word He says “YEA”.
b. All His promises are Yea and Amen.
c. When we say Amen with God, we are agreeing with His Word.
- Isa 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
- Isa 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever. (KJV)
IV. We need to have the Word in thy Hand.
- Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (KJV)