Summary: In this sermon outline we share nine works of God in our lives to make us what He wants us to be. He always wants good things for His Children and we are His workmanship when we permit Him to have His own way in our lives.
God’s Workmanship in our lives.
In this sermon outline we share nine works of God in our lives to make us what He wants us to be. He always wants good things for His Children and we are His workmanship when we permit Him to have His own way in our lives.
Ephesians 2:8-11 (KJV)8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
A. Receiving Christ brings us into the Kingdom of God.
1. As sons of God we become joint heirs with Christ. Romans 8:17 (KJV) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
2. Everything is ours too. Wow!
II. We are made the children of God (Gal. 3:26) Galatians 3:26 (KJV) For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
A. God’s Spirit give us assurance that we are His children. Romans 8:16-18 (KJV) 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.
B. His Peace give us peace we can share. Matthew 5:9 (KJV) Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
C. We are His children by faith. Galatians 3:26 (KJV) For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
D. Because He lives we are children of the resurrection. Luke 20:36 (KJV) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
III. We are made the servants of God (Matt. 25:21) Matthew 25:21 (KJV) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
A. A servant follows his Master.
1. Not always easy to follow the Master. Luke 9:23 (KJV) And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
IV. We are made God's saints 1 Corinthians 1:2 (KJV) Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
A. We are called to be saints of God.
1. Saints will judge the world. 1 Corinthians 6:3 (KJV) Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
2. We are part of God’s household and fellow citizens. Ephesians 2:19 (KJV) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
3. As saints we will return with Him, Jude 1:14 (KJV) And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
V. We are made God's witnesses (I Thess. 2:10) 1 Thessalonians 2:10 (KJV) Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
A. We are to be living for Him. 1 Timothy 6:12 (KJV) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
1. He give us the power to be witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12 (KJV) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
2. A good witness isn't like a salesman; emphasis is on a person rather than a product. A good witness is like a signpost. It doesn't matter whether it is old, young, pretty, ugly; it has to point the right direction and be able to be understood. We are witnesses to Christ, we point to him. John White
3. "Millions of surveys which we have helped to take around the world indicate that approximately 98 percent of the Christians do not regularly introduce others to the Savior." Bill Bright