Summary: As Christians, we must understand that we are people of influence. We have what most people are looking for...The Answer Jesus.
· Through the Word of God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, Jesus has given us the ability to influence others for Christ.
· As a child of God, you have inherited the blessing, which includes the ability to influence people for God and His kingdom.
· A person of influence demonstrates Christ through their lifestyle.
· This morning I want to encourage each one of you that God desires you to be a person of influence in our city, schools, jobs and church.
· Let us examine the scriptures this morning regarding your Godly influence.
1) God has a reason for you having influence.
a)Influence is defined as a release of spiritual or moral force, the act or power of producing an effect without apparent exertion of force or direct exercise of command, the power or capacity of causing an effect in indirect or intangible ways.
b)An influential person demonstrates Christ through his/ her lifestyle.
c) God has given you the blessing when you were saved.
d)The blessing of God enables you to influence others for Jesus.
(NKJV) Genesis 12 2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
e) You must be a bold witness for Jesus in order to influence others. You can’t wait for someone else to do it for you. You must be willing to share the “Good News”.
2) God desires that every Believer be an influence to others for Christ.
a)You and I should strive to bring others to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
b) Jesus was a living example of how to be a person of influence. As a Christian we are to be living examples of Jesus.
(NKJV) 2 Corinthians 3 1 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? Or do we need, as some others, epistles of commendation to you or letters of commendation from you? 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.
c) We are to reflect Jesus in all that we do. We need to represent God well!
d) People will be drawn to or influenced by the Jesus in us.
3) People of influence will make a significant impact on others through the power of God. (Three Biblical examples)
a)The Samaritan woman’s brief encounter with Jesus influenced her to such a point that multitudes of people were drawn to Him as a result of His impact on her life.
(NKJV) John 4 21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” 25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.” 26 Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.” 27 And at this point His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, “What do You seek?” or, “Why are You talking with her?” 28 The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, 29 “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?” 30 Then they went out of the city and came to Him.