Summary: Who is our FOCUS, PURPOSE AND DELIVERANCE?
Title: God’s Amazing Works!
Introduction: We have never been this way before
‒ One thing that we know is certain is that things change. (20 Year Reunion)
‒ Look at yourself in the mirror.
‒ Listen to the music on the radio.
‒ Watch a little TV.
‒ Listen to your children talk – And your parents.
‒ Our church is in the process right now of change. None of us know quite what to expect. Today from this lesson we are going to learn that no matter how much we don’t know about the future, we know the one in charge of the future–God!!
**In our text today we are gonna read about an event that happened to Israel that was at the beginning of a real change in times.
**Moses is dead, Joshua has been commissioned to lead Israel. After sending two spies into the land that reported how afraid the people were of Israel, and how they could take the land, the Israelites camped poised to take it just as God had promised them.
**3 THINGS TO TALK ABOUT TODAY. FOCUS, PURPOSE AND DELIVERANCE
A. The very presence of the Ark of God represented God’s presence to the people!
1. They were to follow that ark wherever it went because God was there!
2. In this one chapter alone the phrase, “the Lord” is mentioned 7 times!
B. We need to be focused on the Lord as our target and aim!
1. Many of you guys cannot wait until deer season to begin. You want to shoot Bambi!
1. You get dressed in camo.
2. You get the tree stand.
3. You wait and prepare in every way to the point of clicking antlers together. All for what? To kill Bambi!!
2. Our focus and aim needs to be on the bull’s eye.
1. Noone wants to shoot and miss the target.
2. Yet so many times we aim for the wrong things in the Lord’s church.
1. It is not the church, the people, the preacher, the shepherds, IT’S THE LORD!!
3. How many of us work our lives in order to focus on the Lord.
1. We need to dress like our focus is on the Lord.
2. We need to work like our focus is on the Lord.
3. We need to walk like our focus is on the Lord.
4. We need to worship like our focus is on the Lord.
3. The Lord was their PURPOSE (Joshua 3:7 (quickview)  NIV) And the LORD said to Joshua, "Today I will begin to exalt you in the eyes of all Israel, so they may know that I am with you as I was with Moses.
A. This whole event happened so that the Lord could be their purpose!
1. Never has there ever been an event in the Bible that did not have the glorification of God at the very center of its purpose!
1. David and Goliath (David said, “The Lord will deliver me....”)
2. Daniel and the Lions Den (Daniel answered, "O king, live forever! My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions....”)
3. Shadrach, Meshach, Abednigo (Daniel 3:28 (quickview)  NIV) “Then Nebuchadnezzar said, "Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.”