Summary: I believe Noah had the greatest church going. The Bible says, he was a preacher of righteousness.. And I believe God shows us through Noah how a church is to properly function. There are 6 points to show us why.
Title: God’s Dream Church
Text: Gen 6-8 and II Peter 2:5
- This morning I want to talk about the church, and how wonderful it truly is.
- I believe Noah had the greatest church going.
- How many people knew that Noah was a Pastor?
- The Bible says, he was a preacher of righteousness.
- And I believe God shows us through Noah how a church is to properly function.
- Before we get into today’s text first let me explain what the church is.
Matt 16:18 says, “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”
- The greek word ekklesia (church) refers to a meeting of people called out and summoned together.
- In the N.T. it designates primarily the congregation of God’s people in Christ, who come together as citizens of God’s Kingdom (Eph 2:19) for the purpose of worshipping God.
- So therefore as individuals we are the church, and when we come together we make one body or one unit.
- Like I mentioned before, there a local church which we are a part of, and the universal church, which is everyone who is saved that has died and gone on, and who is living around the world.
- God’s plan for the church is truly amazing. So what is the church:
- The church is presented as the people of God.
- The church is a people called out, also the church is the temple of God.
- The church is the body of Christ and the bride of Christ.
- The church is victorious over sin, death hell and the grave.
- The church is on it’s way to Heaven and the gates of hell can’t stop it.
- The church truly is a people with a future hope.
- So the question is how can we get more people into the church. To experience this amazing family of God?
- Or how can we get people to experience body of Christ?
- Noah shows us how.
- Noah paints for us a picture perfect church.
- Now we all know that it was not perfect, but there are some things we can learn from this man and his church.
- Noah’s church is a church that we all need to model our lives from and our churches from.
- So lets look more closer at Noah’s church this morning.
Noah gives us a picture church by.........
Point 1: He was a man of Righteousness
- Amidst the widespread wickedness and evil of those days (vs 5), God found in Noah one man who still sought communion with Him and who was a righteous man.
- “Blameless among the people of his time” indicates that he kept himself separate from the moral evil of the society around him.
- Noah feared God
- This righteousness in Noah’s life came by God’s grace, through Noah’s faith and walk with God (vs 9).
- We must sincerely walk with God and remain separated from a perverse generation. (Vs 22;7:5,9,16)
- Noah was a man of faith.
- We find in II Peter 2:5 that Noah was a preacher. This is what Pastors need to be like.
- When I look at my life, I no that I am not perfect, even though my wife keeps telling me that I am.