Summary: God's plan of Salvation from a Pilot's prospective
GOD’S FLIGHT PLAN
Do you sometimes feel like Thomas ? Do you know the way ?
All pilots file a flight plan before they take off. It tells the route of flight, the destination, the amount of fuel on board, the cruising altitude and the number of people on board among other things.
DID YOU KNOW THAT GOD HAS A FLIGHT PLAN FOR YOU ?
A. If you do not know about this flight plan, you are in the same shape as Thomas who said, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
B. In vs 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Yes, I know that is not politically correct to say that Christ is the only way, but I didn't day it, Jesus did.
C. Next time you go fly on an Airliner, try telling the pilot, you know a better way for him, to get you where you are going.
Try telling the pilot you have a different flight plan and see if that will change any thing.
1. I am an former Navy pilot with a commercial pilot license.
Now at age 79, I mostly ride in airliners and let someone else do the flying.
2. But I remember an old saying about flying. “It is hours and hours of sheer boredom punctuated by moments of stark terror.”
3. During those hours and hours of sheer boredom that we
experience in flying on commercial airliners, we get somewhat
4. For instance, most of you have heard the talk the stewardess
gives before a flight, can anybody remember what she says?
5. But I tell you this, if the aircraft is in danger, then all of us
will certainly listen to every word she says.
6. Frightened people in airplanes will start confessing their sins
Evangelist Kelly Green said one time he was so frightened he
was confessing sins he had never committed.
7. Many times we have become satisfied with our spiritual
journey. As long as our journey is going smooth, we ignore the
message of God’s word.
8. But when we ourselves, or a loved one, is deathly ill, then we
will listen very carefully to any words of comfort brought to us
by God through his word.
9. What I want to impress on you today is that you are on a
dangerous journey, one that will certainly end in hell, if you
take the wrong flight with the wrong pilot.
I/ God’s Pilot is uniquely qualified.
Since the Destination is heaven, your Pilot must have 4 unique qualifications:
1. First He must not make any error’s, He must be perfect.
If he makes any mistakes you will die. Only a perfect Pilot can take you to heaven.
2. Second He must be infinitely perfect.
He can never make a mistake because He must take all those that trust in Him to heaven. And and we know only God is Infinitely perfect. To be infinitely perfect, The Pilot must therefore be both God and man.
3. Next, The pilot must be pay the price for your ticket.
The cost to land in heaven is the payment for your sin.
The cost is to great for you to pay.
1 Peter 3:18”For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: