Summary: God's greatest desire is YOU! This message explores God's invitation to us to participate in His promises, become His partner and ultimately to be His people.
God’s Invitation to Us
Lakewood | Speaker: Pastor Jonathan Vorce | 1-8-2017
Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Introduction: God is inviting us to a higher level of living…
I. Invited to Participate in God's Promise
A. He is the God of all comfort even in the difficult times of our lives.
1. Paul & Timothy were communicating to the Corinthian believers concerning their stay in Asia where they were persecuted to the point that they “had the sentence of death in themselves”. (V. 8-9)
B. His Promises are Yea and Amen to those who believe.
2 Corinthians 1:12-24 (Read & Expound)
2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
1. The Promises of God are established “in Him” and because they are established “in Him” they can be manifested “through us”… Because GOD LIVES IN US!
II. Invited to be God's Partner
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
A. Fellowship - Koinonia or Partnership
B. Conformable - to assimilate with (to be merged with Christ in death)
1. Making it possible to experience the “Power of the Resurrection”.
2. This happens when we become born-again. We are “raised in newness of life”. Romans 6:1-14 (Read and Expound)
III. Invited to be God’s People
A. Abraham’s seed and heirs according to The Promise.
1. The Promise is Jesus and all He represents! (Redeemer, Healer, Soul Sanctifier, Sonship…)
2. Galatians 3:15-29 (Read & Expound)
B. I Will be Your God and You Will be My People
Jeremiah 30:22 - You will be my people, and I will be your God
Exodus 6:7 - I will take you as my people, and I will be your God
Leviticus 26:12 - I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people
Jeremiah 32:38 - They will be my people and I will be their God
2 Corinthians 6:16 - “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Hebrews 8:10 - I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Revelation 21:3 - And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.
1. At least 43 times in the Bible there are references to God wanting a people for Himself!
Psalms 90:1 - …Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations.
Closing: GOD’S GREATEST DESIRE IS YOU!