Summary: When I went to bed Saturday night, I still didn't have a message for this Sunday. When I woke up that morning, the Lord said, "Tell them about my love, my family, and my forever home."
GOD’S LOVE, GOD’S FAMILY, AND GOD’S FOREVER HOME
INTRO TO TOPIC: Challenging week. As of last night, didn’t have a sermon.
• “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” (Prov. 3:5-6).
• Woke up this morning and the Lord said, “Tell them about my love, tell them about my family, and tell them about my forever home.”
1. GOD’S LOVE:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16).
• QUESTION: Do YOU know how much God loves you?
• Look at the Cross: “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8).
• “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!” (1 John 3:1).
• Read meditatively through Romans 8:31-19:
• “31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
• Discuss how much I love my children. How much more does our Heavenly Father God love us?
• If you didn’t have a good relationship with your father, you will have a hard time knowing, believing and receiving the love of God. God loves you – yes, even you!
2. GOD’S FAMILY:
“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.” (Romans 8:14-16).
• Christianity isn’t about being religious; it’s about a relationship with God and being adopted into His family.
• We have a perfect Heavenly Father, but an imperfect, dysfunctional family.
• QUESTION: What is the family of God like?