Summary: Jesus points out who tries to keep us from having the Abundant Life in Christ. In this sermon outline we list some of the message Jesus is wanting us know that we overcome and may be partakers of His Abundant Life He has for us today.
GOD'S MORE THAN ENOUGH ABUNDANT LIFE
Jesus points out who tries to keep us from having the Abundant Life in Christ. In this sermon outline we list some of the message Jesus is wanting us know that we overcome and may be partakers of His Abundant Life He has for us today.
- John 10:9-11 (KJV) 9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
I. To have abundant life you must know the giver of abundant life.
A. The giver is Jesus, our Lord.
B. He is the Door that leads to the abundant life.
C. We must enter this living door by faith. Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV) 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
1. God does not push or force us through the Living Door, Christ Jesus.
2. When we do enter in and receive Him as our own personal Saviour, we are saved.
3. After salvation we keep going through Him to find pasture. To find blessing and answer to our prayers, because Jesus then becomes our intercessor, advocate, high priest and lawyer interceding for us to the Father. 1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
II. Jesus then tells us what the thief who is the devil tries to do.
A. The devil tries to steal the Word from us and keep us from the Will and Blessings of God for our lives.
B. Then he tries to kill the Word and us if he could.
C. Not just kill, but he would like to destroy us in hell.
D. The devil is the author of evil things.
1. Many times people and insurance companies say that when a storm, earthquake etc. takes place that it is 'an act of God'.
It is not act of our God, but an act of the 'prince of the power of the air' the devil. (Eph 2:2 KJV) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
a. The devil is a roaring lion. 1 Peter 5:8 (KJV) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
b. The reason is roaring, is because Jesus pulled all his teeth. The devil is defeated by Jesus!
III. Jesus the Living Door, the Good Shepherd tells us why and what He came to do in our lives.
A. Bring us salvation. 1 John 5:11-13 (KJV) 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. John 1:12 (KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
B. Bring us healing. 1 Peter 2:24 (KJV) Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. Matthew 8:17 (KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
C. Brings us prosperity.
3 John 1:2 (KJV) Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. Philippians 4:19 (KJV) But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 2 Corinthians 8:9 (KJV) For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
IV. Who did He do this for?
A. He did it for you! He did it for me.
John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.