Summary: God has a blue print for our lives. We need to discover it.
God’s plan for our lives by Gerald Van Horn
These words were uttered by Saul of Tarsus. Later he becomes Paul the Apostle. He is our guide in our search for the will of God for our life. This truth is is exemplified in the life of Paul. God has a plan for every one of His children. Just as blue prints are used in building a building, God has given us a plan for our lives. Saul’s meeting Jesus was not a casual thing. It was part of a divine plan.
1. God has a plan for our lives.
* You can expect it. God is the Master architect. He does not want to leave anything to chance. If we seek Him in all sincerity He will reveal a blueprint for our lives. All of creation is designed by a God of order. He has not left out a designed order for His highest creation. Man needs this order for his own happiness.
* God’s plan for our lives is according to experience. Check it out. There are several good examples. I will mention only a few: There is Abraham in Hebrews 11:8-12 (quickview) . There is Moses in Hebrews 11:24-27 (quickview) . There is David in I Chronicles 17:7 (quickview) . Also Isaiah in Isaiah 6:8 (quickview) .
God’s plan for our lives is declared in His Word.
If we believe His Word then we must believe that He has a plan for us.
2. God has a plan for our lives. It has three important characteristics.
These facts are stated very clearly:
* God has a customized plan for our lives. Everyone of God’s children are unique. He has a plan just for you. “Wait just a minute” you might say “you
mean to tell me that God is concerned about little ole me?’ The answer is “yes.”
* God has a plan for us that is good ,acceptable and perfect.
which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
* God’s plan for our lives is a practical one. God will never ask us to do anything that you are not capable to perform. He will give you the strength and wisdom to fulfill it.
3. God’s plan for our lives is worthy to discover.
Many Christians fail to discover God’s plan for their lives. They live in frustration, defeat and failure. It is important that we discover our own individual plan for our lives. Once you do discover it there will be a peace and comfort in your life. If we
plan our lives on our own we are headed for disaster. The Apostle Paul’s quick response to finding God’s will ushered him into a life of total satisfaction.