Summary: As believers, we are being changed day by day into the very image of Jesus Christ.
1. Nothing is wasted by God. He’s working all things together for the good to those that love Him, those that are called.
• Called according to HIS PURPOSE.
• What’s that purpose? Look at v29.
• A change… a TRANSFORMATION. A CONFORMATION!
As a BORN AGAIN BELIEVER, you and I are being changed day by day into the very image of Jesus Christ.
• We are NOT the old person without Jesus in our lives.
• We are new people in Christ, with a new life, new hope, new direction, a new power, and a new purpose.
Paul says something similiar in CH12:1-2:
AND SO THERE is this pressure for us to be conformed in all sorts of different directions, but GOD is molding us into Jesus.
• Using everything that comes into our lives, everything He sends in our lives, working them together for good.
YES: not everything that happens to us is good.
• Some of them can be very bitter and sour and hurtful.
• For a believer, all these things work together by God’s great power to come out for OUR GOOD and HIS GLORY!
SO what is God’s Plan? How do all things work together?
• How does the DIVINE PLAN of salvation work?
• How does God save us and fit us into what he’s doing?
• READ THROUGH V29-30
• These help us to understand and see God’s molding hand.
• Paul shares 5 pieces of His wonderful plan.
#1 – FOREKNOWLEDGE, #2 – PREDESTINATION, #3 – CALLING
#4 – JUSTIFICATION, & #5 – GLORIFICATION.
#1 – GOD’S FOREKNOWLEDGE (v29).
• For whom He foreknew, Paul says.
• This speaks of God’s OMNISICENCE. His knowledge of everything.
• God knows everything about everything.
• Theologically we could say, God knows all things both actual & possible, past & present & future, completely, perfectly, simultaneously, and eternally!
• We don’t have foreknowledge, but God does! WOW!
NOTE: Wouldn’t it be great to have knowledge like that?
• I mean when tough times came, we could see it all and respond accordingly. But we don’t. Only God does.
NOTHING is hidden from God, no shadows, no secrets.
• He knows everything about everything.
• His knowledge is absolute and unacquired.
• He doesn’t learn anything.
God is a God of knowledge and He never learns anything and knows everything there is to know about everything! OMNISCIENT.
I HAVE TO WARN YOU AT THIS POINT of a new twisted doctrine flowing through the church at large today…
• It’s commonly known as OPEN THEISM.
• The idea is that God is NOT OMNISCIENT and that He learns things along with us!
NOTE: A popular place an OPEN THEIST will take U is Gen 22:9:-13
• See they say, the Angel of the Lord said, NOW I KNOW.