Summary: God is looking for a man.
God Is Looking For A Man
Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Isaiah 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
The supreme need of God in this hour is a PERSON that will give him license to work thru their life.
o What God desperately needs today is:
• Hands to touch with
• Hearts to care with
• Eyes to see through
• And Mouths to speak through.
• God wants to have revival in Lake City.
o We are overdue for revival.
• And God wants to give us revival.
• He wants to work.
• What he needs is a man, woman or child that will let him work!
• God will work, but the question comes echoing thru time, who will let him?
o God NEEDS a man – vessel thru which he can work.
• He needs you and me to let him move.
• He needs a vessel thru which he can pour out his spirit.
• He needs a vessel that he can anoint for his purpose.
• He needs a man or a woman that is willing to be used.
• Did you ever wonder why, when Jonah ran from God, why didn’t God go tell Nineveh himself?
o Why go to the trouble of creating the storm and moving the whale into place?
o For a God that can do anything that he wants, it seems like an awful lot of trouble to go thru in order to get a rebellious prophet to go speak to Nineveh.
• Did you ever wonder why God made Noah labor to build an Ark?
o Why not hold them in his hand or put them on a mountain top and shelter them?
• Did you ever wonder why God persisted with Moses, even after he tried to persuade God not to send him to Egypt?
o Why did God bother with him?
o Why not descend on Pharaoh’s palace in a whirlwind and demand the release of His own people?
Did you ever wonder why, when it came to the saving of the World
• God looked first for a man?
o And when he found none worthy – he became a man!
o God robed himself in flesh, as a man, and brought salvation and righteousness to a lost world.
The bible is replete with examples that
• Every time God seeks to activate his will on this planet for the purpose of salvation
o He uses a man.
• All of the time.
o He chooses a vessel of frail human flesh to become the conduit thru which he moves.
• He’s proven over and over again that he will pursue a man to the ends of the earth in order to obtain a vessel by which he can minister mercy and grace.
• Why does God refuse to act on his own without the vehicle of humanity?
o Why is God so relentless in his pursuit of a man to fulfill his will?
• Why does God try so hard to obtain a man that will let him work through him?
o Way back in the first chapter of the Bible, God gave Adam dominion over the earth.
• He’s a sovereign God, He rules all that is.
• He has dominion and authority over everything – even the devil.