Summary: God has an arsonal that far outways the weapons of Satan and even though this message is simple it is effective if employed.
Scripture: Luke 4:18
Title: “God’s S.W.A.T. Team”
"Special Weapons And Tactics"
Introduction: All too often we see splashed across our daily news programs where someone has been taken hostage.
The enemies of the human race have discovered the strength of using terror to get what they want without working for it.
Manipulation through fear has become a very powerful and effective tool in the hands of terrorists. This is not a new tactic. Satan has been using this tool ever since he was cast out of heaven. (Isa. 14:12)
The Weapons & Tactics terrorists use tactics to take and hold the hostages until they get what they want are things like, guns, bombs, knives, threats of death or mutilation and so forth.
Satan uses the same process that terrorists use to hold the human race hostage.
I. WEAPONS & TACTICS – Satan also has an arsenal of weapons and tactics at his disposal to hold captive many precious people against their will.
1. Propaganda – Satan is referred to in the book of Revelation as the “accuser of the brethren" Rev.12:10 – Jesus said in John 8:44, referring to the devil, “for he is a liar, and the father of it.” – These are the very tools that worked on Adam & Eve in the very beginning of time. “ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” Gen. 3:5 – “Ye shall not surely die” Gen. 3:4
2. Sin – Breaking God’s rules.
This is where sin starts!) – Notice all the things that followed the “Original Sin.”
3. Worry – Notice the very next thing Adam & Eve did after they broke God’s rule. “They sewed fig leaves together to make them aprons” because they knew “Guilt” for the first time. – Then “Adam and his wife “hid” themselves “from” the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.”
– They were ashamed to be in the presence of God for the first time in their lives. – Separation from God is the number one “GOAL” of Satan!
4. Bondage – Satan specializes in keeping people tied up. – Sickness is probably one of the most effective weapons used to prevent people from being free. – Fear is a very powerful weapon used by the devil to paralyze people from enjoying life.
5. Confusion – This comes about through false information or just not knowing what is right or wrong.
Are you TIRED of being in JAIL? – Are you TIRED of being held HOSTAGE? – Are you TIRED of being ATTACKED? – Are you TIRED of being WOUNDED?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE FREE?
How did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, get free when they were thrown into the fire?
1. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego along with Daniel were prisoners in Babylon.
2. They would not BOW DOWN to the idols of the land nor eat the food and drink their wine.
3. They stood FIRM in their BELIEF and CONFESSION in God.
4. They had been BOUND, “Then he ordered some of the strongest men of his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and throw them into the blazing furnace.” Dan. 3:20 – The very thing that was intended to destroy them set them free! – The FIRE only burned off the BONDAGE! – When the king looked into the fiery furnace he saw three men LOOSE and walking around. Dan. 3:25