Summary: This is a basic outline of this Psalm to show us how God reveals himself through nature
1. The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands
2. Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
3. There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
4. Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun,
5. which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6. It rises at one end of the heavens.
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hiding from its heat.
7. The law of the Lord is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
God reveals himself through nature.
We are surrounded by fantastic displays of God’s craftsmanship.
The heavens give dramatic evidence of
His love and
Paul refers to this Psalm in Romans 1:19-20
Saying that everyone knows about God because nature proclaims God’s existence and power.
But while nature points to His existence, the Bible tells us about salvation.
God needs us to explain His love, mercy and grace.
What are you doing to take God’s message to the world