Summary: What God can do for us when we really trust Him.
GOING FORWARD AS GOD’S PEOPLE
A. Moses and Israel were between the Devil and the
Deep Red Sea
1. They were in quite a predicament to say the
2. What were they going to do? Pharaoh and
Egyptians were almost upon them!
B. We have all faced predicaments at one time or
1. They are uncomfortable, nerve wracking,
and threaten to drive us to despair
2. We have different ways of describing our
3. Some of those familiar expressions
include “in a pinch, jam, tight squeeze, up
a tree, in a corner, hardpressed or between
a rock and a hard place, on the horns of
a dilemma, backs against the wall, up a
creek without a paddle..."
4. What should we do in a predicament? When
hemmed in, the only place to look is UP!
See Psa. 121
I. GOD’S MARVELOUS PLAN
A. Out of Bondage into Blessing
1. God’s plan was not for Israel to stay in
Egypt, but to move out.
2. That’s what we see from Ex.1 when God
saw the affliction of His people,heard
their prayers, and his plan was to lead
them out of Egypt into the Promised land.
3. Go Forward was the command as they came to
the Red Sea,and saw the Egyptians pursuing
them. God had a plan, and it was not
going back to Egypt. cf. Jer.29:10-11
4. Later, God’s plan was for them to leave
Babylonian captivity and return home after
B. God also has a plan for us today!
1. We are not to go back to the Old Life of
Bondage - Gal.4:9-10; 5:1
2. We are to go forward, "forgetting those
things which are behind,and reaching forth
unto those things which are before"
3. His Plan is not for us to stand still
either. We are to Grow Heb.6:1
"Let us go on unto perfection; not laying
again the foundation of repentance unto
dead works, and of faith toward God"
4. Spiritually and also Numerically Acts 1:8
"Ye shall be my witnesses unto me both in
Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in
Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts
of the earth"
5. As we come out, go forward, we will make
progress, and our journey will also end at
Heaven, God’s Promised land for us.
II. GOD’S MIGHTY PERSON
A. First the Plan and now the Man
1. The Mighty Person was not the powerful
Pharaoh of Egypt, but Moses.
2. Pharaoh was the voice of defiance and
rebellion and pride, who hardened his
heart. God will never use people like
that, who stand as a hindrance to the
progress and furtherance of His Work and
"Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty
spirit before a fall" Prov.16:18
B. The Mighty Person was Moses
1. Spent 40 years thinking he was Somebody,
Next 40 years - Nobody in the desert, and
the final 40 years seeing how God can turn a
Nobody into a Somebody!
2. When God called Moses by the burning Bush,
Moses was anything but a Mighty man, for he
made excuse after excuse for not obeying God.
3. But now see and hear him speak! - Ex.14:13-14
C. Can God take and make you a Mighty Person?-WHO ME?
1. Yes you! God can use you if you want to be
used. Gideon, Jeremiah, Jonah etc.
2. If we can overcome our reluctance, timidity,
lack of confidence, faith, we might even
surprise ourselves. Let Go and Let God has
much truth in it!