Summary: So Christian should observe good manners and right conduct wherever we are, so that people will know that we are indeed children of God.
Text: 1 Timothy 4: 11-12
1. All Christians are obliged to teach good manners and right conduct to all believers as commanded. (v. 11)
2. Christians must be good examples worthy to be imitated by all men.
3. In short, Christians should act as models in society.
4. That is why Jesus said in Matthew 5:16 (Read)
P R A Y E R: Let us pray……
1. Verse 12 of our text (Read)
2. What are these good values that Christians should observe, follow and practice?
1. CHRISTIANS MUST BE SOUND IN SPEECH.
a. Christians should avoid obscene or profane language.
b. Christians should not nag, shout or engage in useless talks.
Illustration: Telling green jokes.
2. CHRISTIANS MUST BE RESPECTFUL AT ALL TIMES AND NEVER RUDE.
a. Ephesians 6: 1-3 (Read)
b. 1 Thessalonians 5: 12-13 (Read)
Illustration: Greet everyone with good morning, afternoon or evening. Always say thank you when given something or favor.
3. CHRISTIANS MUST BE FULL OF LOVE.
a. 1 John 4: 8 (Read)
b. Matthew 22: 37-40 (Read)
c. John 13: 34-35 (Read)
d. Romans 12: 9 (Read)
e. Ephesians 3: 17 (Read)
Note: Without love is without God, for God is love.
4. CHRISTIANS MUST REMAIN FAITHFUL TO GOD.
a. 2 Timothy 2: 3 (Read)
b. Revelation 2: 10 (Read)
5. CHRISTIANS MUST PRACTICE PURITY IN MIND, HEART AND BODY.
a. Galatians 5: 16 (Read)
b. Mathew 15: 18-20 (Read)
c. Romans 6: 12 (Read)
Note: Psalm 51: 10 create in me a clean heart O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Therefore, as Christians, we should possess all these good values in order to show to the people that we are growing spiritually worthy for others to imitate and follow.
So, let us observe good manners and right conduct wherever we are, so that people will know that we are indeed children of God.