Summary: A. Salvation is not reformation but regeneration. B. Changes in us are not due to imitation but indwelling power. C. It is the Holy Spirit that moves and doing something within.
THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
A. Salvation is not reformation but regeneration.
B. Changes in us are not due to imitation but indwelling power.
C. It is the Holy Spirit that moves and doing something within.
II: WHAT IS GOODNESS?
A: Examine the root word
The word______ described, who has the character of goodness
Webster define it as attractive, bountiful, fertile, suitable, true, conforming to a standard, commendable, salutary, pleasant , or fit.
B: It can be described as Good Disposition
1. This is different than a good mood
a. moods come and go
b. moods are changeable, like the weather
2. A good disposition is a part of personality
a. but it is more than an inherited trait
b. this is living constantly with God’s love
c. it is loving others as God loves us
3. A good disposition makes us easy to live with
4. A good disposition makes as approachable every day
5. A good disposition shows love, joy, peace, patience, kindness
C: A good attitude
1. A Spirit filled person is friendly, are you friendly?
2. Jesus was quick to be friend the needy
a. He was a friend to sinners
b. Always reaching out to hurting ones
3. looking for the best in people
a. not focusing on faults
b. not complaining, not slandering
4. do you need a better attitude at home, at church ,at work?
D: Desire to do good to others
1. Good works do not earn salvation(Eph. 2:8-9)
a. we are saved by grace through faith
b. we cannot earn heaven through good works
2. Good works are to be the evidence of new life
a. “created unto good works” (Eph. 2:10)
b. “faith without work is dead” (James 2:26)
3. Seizing opportunities to do good to others
a. By visiting the sick
b. By caring for the widows
c. By giving to the poor
d. By comforting those who are grieving
e. By bearing one another’s burdens
A: Time for a checkup
1. check your disposition
2. check your attitudes
3. check your service for others
B: What changes need to be made?
C: Let the Holy Spirit Make them