Summary: Nebuchadnezzar dreamed a message that God was giving him about man’s history from his time forward.
Dan 2:3 And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.
Dan 2:31-35 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness [was] excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof [was] terrible. This image’s head [was] of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet [that were] of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
Nebuchadnezzar dreamed a message that God was giving him about man’s history from his time forward.
· There was an idol of a man.
· And the man’s head was made of solid gold.
· The chest and arms were silver.
· The belly and thighs were brass.
· And the legs were iron.
· The fet were iron mixed with clay.
· Notice the qulaity of the metals becomes inferior from the head down to the feet until the feet is made of iron and lcay that do not even mingle and form a solid substance.
God showed man that without Him, man is conceited and proud and has no foundation to satnd upon.
· A golden head represented the kingdom of babylon -- Nebuchadnezzar’s kingdom.
· And it also speaks of a conceited humanity.
· But its feet were useless and not a reliable foundation.
· Iron mixed with clay.
· Such an existence of man is conceited and is foundationless, and will only lead to destruction.
Prov 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.
We must be concerned with where we stand.
· It is nonsense to have a golden head and a useless foundation.
· Our feet must be proper foundation for us.
· It is not me, my head, that is my greatest concern.
· It is my standing.
· I have to be concerned over what is under my feet, also.
· When the interpretation was given, we read the following about the feet:
Dani 2:41-43 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters’ clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
Who are "they"?
· "They" shall mingle themselves with the seed of men.
· And whoever "they" are, "they" will not cleave with the seed of men.
· The kingdom would be partly strong and partly broken.
"They" are mentioned again later.