Summary: In this sermon I focus on 5 questions that we can ask ourselves to help evaluate how we are doing in our Christian walk.
Lakewood | Pastor Jonathan Vorce | 10-30-2016
Scripture Reading: Romans 12:3-8 NIV
I. Am I a Good Christian Example?
A. Character Matters
1. Conduct is the outward expression of the character that we carry. - Matthew 7:5
B. We are called to shine… brightly for Christ.
1. I would that you were cold or hot… (Illustrate with water or coffee) - Rev. 3:14-18
2. Let the fire of God invade your life…
II. What do my Harvests look like?
A. If I want a different harvest I have to plant a different seed
1. If you sow to the wind you will reap the whirlwind… Hos 8:7 For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind:
2. The flash and bright lights only last for a little while (talk about my weariness with flashy ministry and my hunger for a true move of God)
B. Is my harvest still in formation?
1. Remain faithful…
C. Is my harvest ready to be reaped?
John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
1. Receive it! No one else is going to reap it for you!
2. Reaping is work but if its the right kind of harvest its worth it!
III. Do I have Joy?
A. “…weeping may endure for a night but Joy…” Psalms 30:5
1. Morning is coming!
B. He that goeth forth weeping bearing “precious seed” shall DOUBTLESS come again with rejoicing bringing his “sheaves” with him! Psalms 126:1-6
1. The battle is your invitation to VICTORY!
2. Don’t worry, fret or be afraid. Get ready to throw a VICTORY PARTY!!!
IV. How God Sensitive / Revival Sensitive am I?
A. Am I Hungry for a move of God?
1. Am I praying for a move of God?
2. Am I fasting for a move of God?
¥ No one can escape paying the price but God can “fast-track” you!
B. Am I expecting a move of God?
1. Am I expecting to see lost people saved, believers spirit baptized, signs wonders and miracles?
Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
V. What does my Prayer Life look like?
A. Jesus spent a lot of time teaching and practicing prayer.
Hebrews 5:7 NIV During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
Luke 6:12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
Mark 1:35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
B. Jesus taught us to Pray
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.