Summary: How to make decisions regarding questionable things.
I. We Have Liberty in Christ (John 8:32-36)
1. Liberty is not given to make possible self-indulgence (Gal. 5:13).
2. Liberty is not to be used as an excuse for enslaving habits (I Cor. 6:12).
3. Liberty is not an occasion for uncontrolled pleasures (I Cor. 10:23).
4. Liberty does not provide an excuse for hiding sin (I Peter 2:16).
5. Liberty is not a license for hurting other Christians (I Cor. 8:9).
6. Liberty is not a license for hurting other Christians (I Cor. 8:9).
II. The Effect of Conduct Upon Self (I Corinthians 10:23).
A. Our Body
1. Does it make for purity? (I Tim. 5:22; I Peter 1:16)
2. Will it defile the body? (II Cor. 6:16; I Cor. 3:17; II Cor. 6:17).
3. Is it habit forming? (I Cor. 6:12; John 8:34)
4. Is it a victory or a surrender? (Rom. 6:13;Rom. 8:37)
B. Our Soul
1. Will it purify or war against your soul? (I Pet. 2:11; I Pet. 1:22)
C. Our mind and Conscience
1. Does it edify (I Cor. 14:26; I Cor. 10:23).
2. Does it defile the mind? (Titus 1:15)
3. Is it doubtful? (Romans 14:23)
4. Do you feel self condemned by it? (Romans 14:22)
D. Our Stewardship
1. Is it a wise use of time? (Eph. 5:16; Col. 4:5)
2. Is it the right use of money? (I Cor. 4:2)
3. Is it a right use of talents? (Matt. 13:22)
4. Is it a faithful discharge of responsibility? (Titus 3:8)
III. The Effect of Conduct Upon Others ( I Cor. 10:24-29).
A. How it looks to others (Rom. 14:7).
1. Does it adorn the doctrine you profess? (Titus 2:10; Phil. 1:27).
2. Does it make you a good example? (I Tim. 4:12; Titus 2:7; I Thess. 1:7).
3. Is it wise in the sight of non-Christians? (Col. 4:5; 2 Cor. 10:24).
4. Is it wrong in the sight of others? (I Thess. 5:22; Romans 14:16).
B. Its actural effects on others.
1. Will it pleas and help your neighbor? (Rom. 15:2)
2. Will it offend anyone? (I Cor. 10:32; II Cor. 6:3)
3. Will it make anyone stumble? (Rom. 14:21; Rom. 14:13).
C. Its bearings on your responsibilities.
1. Does it honor your parents? (Col. 3:20)
2. Does it honor your school? (Heb. 13:17; I Pet. 2:13)
3. Does it honor your church? (I Peter 5:5)
4. Does it honor your government? (Titus 3:1)
5. Is it an unequal yoke? (II Cor. 6:14; Eph. 5:11)