Summary: A study of the Freedom from Guilt.
“ HAVE MERCY UPON ME, OH GOD “ Series
“ GUIDELINES FOR CONFESSING YOUR GUILT “
DAVID - is guilty of (3) sins…
1 – failure to serve and be with his men at war
2 – Adultery with Bathsheba
3 – Murder of Uriah her husband
AFTER - a period of 1 year without confessing his guilt,
God send the prophet Nathan to confront David.
- tells story of poor mans lamb,
stolen by rich neighbor to provide feast for passing guest.
- David reacted in rage to the injustice
- Nathan reported….DAVID, Thou Art The Man…You Did It !
HE NOW - steps down from his throne, goes to God’s Throne and says…
“Have Mercy Upon Me, Oh God”
- Now, in V 1 –6 we discover “Guidelines For Confessing Guilt”
I) ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS
* There are (4) ways to describe my actions
A) Personal –
* words repeated all through this chapter…”me” and “mine”
B) Penetrating - V 2
C) Persistent - V 3
D) Pain - V 4
II) ACKNOWLEDGE THE REASON FOR YOUR ACTIONS
* There are a couple of reasons David did what he did
A) Born In Sin - V 5
B) Blinded By Sin - V 6