Summary: King Hezekiah had some awesome leadership qualities. I want us to steal some of his leadership mojo and apply it to 2013
HAVE A HEZEKIAH NEW YEAR!
2 Chronicles 32:1-30 / December 30, 2012
• Hezekiah was twenty-five years old when he became king of Judah
• Hezekiah replaced his father (Ahaz) who was an awful king
• Hezekiah was a king of change / repentance
• King Hezekiah repaired the temple first month as king
• King Hezekiah repaired the relationship between God and Israel
• King Hezekiah went to every town in Judah and destroyed every idol he could find
• King Hezekiah had some awesome leadership qualities
• I want us to steal some of his leadership mojo and apply it to 2013
TRANSITION: 5 (Hezekiah) Keys to having a prosperous 2013!
1. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A POSSIBLE ENEMY ATTACK 1-5
Even though Hezekiah did all the right things, the enemy still showed up...
TRUTH - You will always have opposition
TRUTH - The fact you are under attack is an indicator your doing something right.
TRUTH - We need to watch out for each other.
Hezekiah had faith in His God, but he also did what he could to improve his situation.
TRUTH - You can’t wait on God for everything, something’s God wants you to do yourself
TRUTH - God helps those who help themselves
In 2013 stay alert. seek out counsel if needed, cut off the enemies supply, strengthen yourself!
2. FLOOD YOUR LIFE WITH FAITH-FILLED WORDS AND FIND COMFORT IN THEM 6-8
Hezekiah encourages the people of God by speaking Faith-filled words about the power of God.
TRUTH - Faith-filled words can make your fears disappear
TRUTH - Faith-filled words can give you strength to face 2013
TRUTH - Faith-filled words can give you encouragement
TRUTH - Faith-filled words can give you support
TRUTH - You can find a bunch of Faith-filled words in this place ,,
v.8 ,,, the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.
Do you want rest in 2013?
God wants us to rest in His words
Let me also challenge you to share Faith-filled words with others (twitter, FB, work, school)
In 2013 fill your life with Faith-filled words and share with others Faith-filled words
3. CONTROL THE FEAR AND NEGATIVITY THAT WILL COME YOUR WAY 9-19
After Hezekiah encourages the people the enemy SPEAKS...
TRUTH - You can’t eliminate the fear and negativity that is all around you, but you can control it
TRUTH - For every faith-filled word God has for you the enemy has words that wound.
TRUTH - God wants to build you with His words, but this world that will bring you down
TRUTH - Filthy spirits (critical, negative, grumpy) can be transmitted by the words you hear
In 2013 you have to protect your heart
Dont let fear and negativity become lodged in your spirit
Find Positive People. The more you surround yourself with positive, the less room for negative.
Minimize Toxic Relationships. Toxic people often make others feel badly in order to feel better
Meditate on the things of God
4. GIVE YOUR TROUBLES TO GOD AND LET HIM FIGHT FOR YOU 20-23