Summary: We come to Church this Sunday to Celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus. Ever since Jesus burst out of the grave having conquered death and hell, Christians have worshiped and celebrated this Day. The greatest day in history was the day that Jesus Christ cam
· We come to Church this Sunday to Celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus. Ever since Jesus burst out of the grave having conquered death and hell, Christians have worshiped and celebrated this Day.
· The greatest day in history was the day that Jesus Christ came forth from the tomb. That was the first Easter.
· This morning we will celebrate that HE HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE!
· We will explore the Resurrection of Jesus and the response of those that were family, close friends and His disciples.
I. THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS
A. The Resurrection means:
B. Lets look at the story of the Resurrection found in Matthew. – (NKJV) Matthew 28 1After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. 2There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. 5The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ’He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you."
a. After three days, we see that Jesus rose from the dead to defeat Satan.
b. We see that the angel of the Lord appeared and moves the tombstone.
1. The tombstone was said to weight 2000 lbs.
2. No one person could move this stone alone.
3. The stone was removed so the women and the disciples could look inside and see that death could not hold Him down.
By the way, He is still rolling away stones in our lives that would get in the way of us catching a proper glimpse of Him. Satan tries to bring huge stones into our lives that would keep us from gazing by faith upon the Lord Jesus, but believer, greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.
C. Obedient, Overwhelmed, Overjoyed –
NKJV) Matthew 28 8So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."
a. Obedient to the call of God on their lives. Obedient to follow the instructions of the Angel of God.
b. Overwhelmed with thoughts of excitement of Christ resurrection.
c. Overjoyed that the scriptures were fulfilled and that they may have a chance to see Jesus again.
II. THE GREAT COMMISSION
A. The promises of God –
(NKJV) Matthew 28 16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
a. Jesus met the disciples as He had spoken.
b. He promised that He would always be with us to the end of the age.
B. The command from Jesus was to go forth and make disciples in all nations.
C. Baptize them in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
D. Teaching them to obey everything he had shared with them.
III. CELEBRATION TIME
A. We celebrate this great day of Resurrection with joy, peace and thankfulness in our hearts. Jesus has Risen!
· We celebrate the rebirth of our spirit through Jesus’ sacrifice.
· We celebrate the reappearance of Jesus to His family, friends and disciples.
· We celebrate the restoration of being able to access the Father through the Jesus at the Cross. Restored in Unity with God.
· We celebrate the resurgence of His Love, His Power, His Spirit and His Word in our lives and the lives of others.
· We celebrate the renewal of our minds, body, and soul that Resurrection has established.